Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me: Ae Enduro Route
  • greigb
    Free Member

Seems like I’ve ignored Ae forest for too long, because Trailforks is showing a lot more off piste than I remember. I knew there was stuff on the DH track hill, but looks like there are also runs on the hills to the NW.

Any recommendations for a route that hits the best of off piste trails? I’d say my limit for enjoying rather than being a passenger on the last run is 30km, ~1300m ascent. Tend to be OK scuffing down most stuff unless it’s ridiculous e.g. Too Hard for EWS. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

kimbers

UKGE at Ae was always great fun

https://www.strava.com/activities/394374014

greigb
    Free Member

Cheers kimbers, always good to have Strava for reference. The big loop out to the north in your ride, has that got any trail descent on it or is it an access route only?

jamesmio
    Free Member

How well do you know Ae in general? Mainly so I know what kind of landmarks and directions to give you…

kayak23

Recommend me: Ae Enduro Route

It’s AN Enduro route. ‘Recommend me an Enduro route’.

Tsk….

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you live near enough, I’d recommend going on a Tuesday nightride run by cubb at the shop, call to be sure, but starts about half 6/7 and lasts 2 hours, then it’s a fiver for main course, pudding and a drink. Great night.

If not, tbh trailforks is really good to just follow, some of the entrances to tracks are not that obvious.

jamesmio
    Free Member

As above, sets off 7pm from the cafe every Tuesday night – almost always includes a handful of off-piste trails.

greigb
    Free Member

Jamesmio, not overly well, I’ve done a few uplift days on the DH bike so really just the uplift fireroad and the DH tracks/Shredder.

Night ride would have been good but I’m not a local, unfortunately the logistics wouldn’t work out.

nc21

Using Trailforks, IVO and Jungle are riding well, Turn down for What has had some new corners added recently and Raiders is superb. The 97 top to bottom is about as long as the hills at Ae allow.
    Using Rabs Slippy one and the red route( or fire road) for access, Scrambled Eggs is popular and Rambo First Blood tests even the best riders. If you manage to link these up you’ll have 30k in your tired legs!

greigb
    Free Member

Thanks nc21, have checked Trailforks and looks good. Only one big loop up to 97 DH which is nice! Can’t find any headcams of Rambo, I’d be on a hardtail but don’t associate Ae with being super rocky so will give it a bash. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

IVO is ace, Not sure what cubbs gully is called on trailforks? Nc21? You know? It’s great too.

Ae is brilliant for riding the new school stuff, as it’s not a bad climb, and the cafe is a bonus.

nc21

Nobeer, Cubs Gulley is Turn down for What ( frilly knickers on Strava)!
    Greigb, Rambos fairly new – might be a bit of vid on the AeMTB Facebook page. There’s a great buzz around the place right now and with SES back in June and UK Enduro later in the summer should be plenty visitors

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, thanks nc.

Aye, it’s a great wee place now, so much variety and a braw area too.

BoardinBob

Do certain locals still get their knickers in a twist about non-locals riding the handbuilt stuff?

One of them even has a strava segment named after him outlining his reaction to the trail being on strava 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Don’t think big Pottsy would bother at folks riding his stuff, he’s built there for years, mibbe someone changed a line or something?…

Trekster

BoardinBob – Member
    Do certain locals still get their knickers in a twist about non-locals riding the handbuilt stuff?

One of them even has a strava segment named after him outlining his reaction to the trail being on strava

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Don’t think big Pottsy would bother at folks riding his stuff, he’s built there for years, mibbe someone changed a line or something?…

Aye, Strava caused a fair stir foe a while 😐 😉 😆

Lots of new guys doing the trail creation stuff now, good team.

Had some sympathy with Pottsie, him and Robbie did a lot of good stuff then along came Strava chasers new to the “sport” and not understanding the “etiquette” of making “secret” trails public!!!! Made for some interesting moments on a Tues night.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hmmm… Always contentious, but suppose it’s how it is now, just need to get on with it really.

nc21

APs Trail was used in the SES in 2015 and, as has been said many times on here, once a Trail is raced it’s out in public and not “secret” anymore. It’s Strava’d videod etcand all over fb. This is “Raiders” that I mentioned above- a blinding bit of trail.
    The feeling at Ae now is to get the new trails up on Trailforks (and Strava to a lesser extent) to show folks that the best way to enjoy Ae is to use the F.C. routes to access the even better stuff. It’s not all ballsy naturals either, we’ve a few trails we can comfortably take the young or inexperienced on on a Tuesday night ride and have a bit of fun

pottsathome
    Free Member

Ha a strava segment named after me. I feel honoured.

Things have changed in the biking world over the years and I ll be the first to admit I am very old school but people like me either need to adapt or sell up.

I was always ecstatic for people to say how much they enjoyed a trail I worked on a couple have been named above like Ivo. I just didn’t understand the strava thing as when I started riding it was being out with your mates enjoying life and enjoying the moment and freedom biking gives you without trying to out do one another enough of that goes on in other aspects of life.

As some of you know I don’t ride very much anymore due to family and my business and it’s great to see others like Neil building some pretty amazing trails and bringing people to a lovely part of the country.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: Ae Enduro Route’ is closed to new replies.