Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me (actually Mrs Rossco) a steel HT with sliding dropouts…
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

Currently thinking of a steel HT frame with sliding dropouts to accommodate a Rohloff for the wife. It’ll need to come in a small frame, probably a 16″ but maybe a 14″…oh and second hand. She wouldn’t use it enough to justify a new one…besides, the budget is limited and I need some things anyway 😀

I’m thinking along the lines of:

Genesis IO
    Cotic Simple (probably too expensive)
    On One Inbred
    Orange P7 (as Cotic)

I’ve owned all of these myself in the past so can vouch for their abilities. However I can’t immediately think of any other makes or brands along the same lines.

Any suggestions (or used bikes for sale)?!

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd!

tymbian
    Free Member

NS Surge…

rosscopeco
    Free Member

NS surge looks promising. Probably more akin to a Bfe?

TiRed

Kona Unit

PJay
    Free Member

I would have thought that a Pipedream Sirius should be on the list although I don’t know whether many come up second hand.

edhornby

Voodoo ? the bokor is the ali one and the wanga the steel one but both are good – I have the blue bokor from Halfrauds and it’s a cracking bike, you could probably pick one up on ebay for a song because someone will have bought from halfrauds on a whim and is disposing cheap – natty sliding dropouts

macb
    Free Member

Bought my wife a Salsa El Mariachi but she’s not super small being about 5’6-7″ – built up with an Alfine 8 and if she really gets into riding then it can go up to a Rohloff.

cinnamon_girl

Rock Lobster?

ska-49
    Free Member

Kona Unit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me (actually Mrs Rossco) a steel HT with sliding dropouts…’ is closed to new replies.