Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me accommodation in or around CyB
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Off to Coed-y-Brenin in Nov with a group of mates. Some regular riders, some not. Rather than drive back to Manc or Sheff we are considering staying over that way for beers, a bite to eat and then maybe some more riding the following day.

There should be 5 of us at least, but possibly 6 or 7. Can anyone recommend me some decent cheap accommodation in or around CyB that we can all stay? Local boozer with food within walking distance?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tyn y Groes might be able to fit you all in one room. Failing that, try Bryn Cemlyn, just down the road from the pub!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Thanks Capt, I'll take a look.

will
    Free Member

just stayed in the hostel in trawsyfned (sp?) can't remember the name, but it was good. £19pppn, pub within walking distance, everything you need for a good weekend. Google will find you the website, i can't copy as i'm on my phone…

I haven't been there for a fair few years, but last time I went we stayed at a place called Biker's Retreat.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Is this what you're talking about will?

http://www.trawsfynydd.com/index.php?loc=33

uplink
    Free Member

We stopped here
    http://www.plasisa.co.uk/index.html

It was OK & cheap

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Food and booze is better at the Tyn y, but the view from the pub up at Trawsfyndyd is lovely!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I've booked a 6 berth room at the hostel in Trawsfynydd. The main problem with a lot of the other suggestions was a min of 2 nights stay. Which is a dealbreaker when only needing one night.

Thanks for the posts.

Dobbo

We stayed at Tyn y Groes a couple of weeks back I would avoid it, well over priced and the landlord is the grumpiest mean bloke you're likely to meet. Food wasn't any good either. We won't be back there again.

lunge

Cae Gwyn Farm is worth a look as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the landlord is the grumpiest mean bloke you're likely to meet

Eh? Must have changed hands then. Can't believe that otherwise.

Dobbo

When were you last there? He's been there about 2 maybe 3 years.

disco_stu
    Free Member

+1 for plas isa, i've stayed there a few times, its bang in the centre of dolgellau so great for a post ride beer and curry.

will
    Free Member

Thats the one Kingofbiscuits. You'll have fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me accommodation in or around CyB’ is closed to new replies.