• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gogg.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a windproof jacket
  • nemesis
    Free Member

My Northwave windproof jacket has had a lot of use over the last few years and it’s starting to show its age – tears are starting to appear in a few places now.

So, what to replace it with? I’d like something fairly roadie in fit (eg not too flappy) and in a bright colour but ideally not full on fluoro yellow – orange maybe would be good?

Windproof rather than waterproof to keep it light and breatheable

Something with its own stuff sack or better still, built in pouch would be great as I find I spend a lot of time riding with it in my back pocket having taken it off mid-ride.

TIA

MoreCashThanDash

Might be flappy if you are a racing snake, but my Howies Dyfi jacket is proving great as a windproof. Orange, packs into chest pocket, drizzle proof as well.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m not a racing snake 🙂 Dyfi was one of the ones I’ve been looking at – just wondered if it was maybe a little heavier than I was after (in terms of material thickness)

nemesis
    Free Member

Er has the Dyfi been discontinued..?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The Montane Featherlite is a great piece of kit. Windproof, packable, very breathable and resists the odd shower.

Mine is in shouty yellow though. 😕

nemesis
    Free Member

The Marathon one? Does it fit ok for cycling?

Del

i’d suggest the pullover type though – the montane’s zips aren’t up to much.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

This bike-specific badboy. Interestingly no longer available in yellow.

http://www.montane.co.uk/range/men/windproof/featherlite-vlo-jacket

nemesis
    Free Member

I want a full zip – there are plenty of occassions where I put it on/take it off mid ride and I don’t want to have to stop to take my helmet off to do that.

PMJ – Ta

iainc

I have a Dfyi and an Endura pakajak – similar performance, the Endura is a bit lighter and tighter and packs smaller.

BadlyWiredDog

Is it for road riding or mountain biking or commuting or a bit of everything? Just wondering as for me ‘roadie fit’ is pretty much skin tight to avoid flapping on alpine descents. Do you just mean ‘not baggy’?

nemesis
    Free Member

OK, not full on racing skin tight so as to be flexible for varying amounts of kit under but definitely not baggy.

tinribz
    Free Member

Got me one of these recently, stretchy & warm, only has a phone pocket though.

http://startcycles.co.uk/adidas-british-cycling-jacket-red-g85379.html

gogg
    Free Member

Rab VR Lite pull on, lite enough to be worn next to skin on a warm windy day, useful off the bike as well, running, hillwalking etc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a windproof jacket’ is closed to new replies.