Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a wifi extender (Adsl and infinity)
  • P20

We’re moving to a new house and due to the thick walls (2 stone cottages knocked into one) and the fact the desktop won’t be in the same room as the router, we’ll need an extender. I’ve been looking at the 300mbs on scan. Any recommendations? We should have the option of infinity a month after we move in, so the extender will need to be compatible with that. (I don’t know if there’s any difference between Adsl and infinity extenders)

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced my Netgear MNCE3001 with a TPlink extender
    http://www.cclonline.com/product/100507/TL-WA850RE/Wireless-Access-Points/TP-Link-TL-WA850RE-300Mbps-Universal-Wireless-N-Range-Extender-White-/NET0756/
    The TPlink has been great and removed any buffering we had but best of all its set and forget. The Netgear needed constant resetting.
    Not sure if it would work with Infinity but can’t see any why it wouldn’t.

smcicr
    Free Member

Have you considered the Homeplug/Powerline option that includes a wireless AP?

Works with WPS if your router has it so it can clone your existing wifi network details and create another instance of it elsewhere in the house. Also offers a wired link (via your electrical circuitry) if that would be a plus. Easy to move around as required too.

The Netgear kit was the best all round when I tested them for work last year.

dr_death
    Free Member

Jackie… I got me a one of these and it works great, set and forget. Even remembers the settings after it been turned off and on.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-WS320-Wi-Fi-Repeater/dp/B007SU0BJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361096745&sr=8-1

P20

I like the Ethernet port option on the tplink one.
    I’ve heard conflicting reports on the plug power line things, I might see if I can borrow a set 1st.
    Death, are you on infinity?

jonnyrockymountain

I struggle with wi-fi connection upstairs in bedroom with router being upstairs I I bought on of these plug in things and plugged in up stairs on landing will I get better wi-fi in bedroom?

dr_death
    Free Member

That’s exactly what I got it for jonny….

They should all be compatible with inifinity. The homehub is just a posh wireless router, so any wireless extender will extend its range

avdave2

I’ve just bought the Huawei one to go with my Superhub(sic) It’s easy to set up but my initial test shows it to improve the signal strength but download speed, as measured on my phone, is down when I switch it on. A bit bizarre really. I shall try repositioning it and see what happens.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a wifi extender (Adsl and infinity)’ is closed to new replies.