Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend Me a Whiskey
  • shooterman

Chap has done me a very good turn and I want to thank him. I think he partial to the odd tincture. I am now any sort of whisky expert. Can you recommend me a decent bottle of whiskey say in the 30-50 quid range?

coffeeking
    Free Member
    midlifecrashes

Not many whiskeys around, but the best in my opinion are Bushmills single malt, and Black Bush. The latter for the smoothest of smooth blends, while still having a good range of complex flavours, the former for a great straightforward, barrel aged malt.

If it's whisky you're after, the choice is bewildering, but I like some Jura ones.

(p.s. usually whiskey=Irish, whisky=Scotland and beyond)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SaxonRider
    sofaking
    Free Member

waitrose have lots of offers on at the moment as do morisons

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Pendryn is beyond grim!

A good fallback if you aren't sure exactly what type of whisky he likes is Highland Park. It's excellent in it's own right, but it doesn't lean too heavily in any direction – for that kind of money you are looking at either a 12 y.o or a 15 y.o. The 12 is good, the 15 I have never tried (the 18 is exceptional, so I would guess the 15 would be somewhere between the two… which would make it rather special)

However, if you know he likes big whisky then just get anything from Islay 😉

grumm
    Free Member

I he likes islay then Lagavulin 16 is the one imo

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I go more for Ardbeg than Lagavulin myself. I like em all though 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Aye Ardbeg is great – the UIgedail stuff is really nice too. Not sure if I'd buy either as a gift without knowing they liked Islay though.

soops
    Free Member

Balvenie 15 year

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Me a Whiskey’ is closed to new replies.