Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a water bottle cage……
  • topangarider
    Free Member

After a new cage for the enduro events (normally use a hammerhead sac). Been finding my ally elite ones a bit unstable off road, so looking at wraparound ones – prob ally for durability.

Any recommendations?

Olly
    Free Member

carbon fibre ones from superstar supposed to be very good (not got one myself, but a crony has)

njee20
    Free Member

Bontrager Race X Lite Carbons are good and tight, or Tacx Tao.

cp

Specialized Rib Cage

great at doing what they should – hold bottles really securely, but not difficult to get bottle out when you want to.

pinches
    Free Member

i've got a specialized one and it is a nightmate to get my bottles out of. Especially my camelback one.

0091paddy
    Free Member

I've used Elite for years, not had a problem. What model you using?

njee20
    Free Member

Mmm, I'm not a fan of Rib Cages, the newer design are marginally better, but still not sure!

topangarider
    Free Member

This one is what I'm using currently. Both my Hope and High 5 bottle wobble all over, in fact I lost a 500ml High 5 at 24/12 last year.

chappers
    Free Member

I like the Topeak Mono. Very light and holds bottle tight. £3.99 – you can't argue with that.

Philby

Got a couple of Bontrager ones on the road bike – work fine with Camelback bottles – easy in and out and no rattling around. Cost less than a tenner each.

Graham_Clark

Another vote for the Topeak Mono… I've them on my cross bike, FS & HT. Not dropped a bottle yet.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Side entry carbon SS one here, grips very tightly.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm not a fan of Rib Cages

Me neither – broke both the old style and the new style ones before I got the message. Currently have a Bonty X-Lite, which I'd recommend if you were after carbon – if you're not, then cheaper and more robust options have been recommended by others.

topangarider
    Free Member

gone for a tacx tao (ally one) – with a free bottle for £6. Seems a bargain to me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a water bottle cage……’ is closed to new replies.