Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • recommend me a washing machine
  • jordie
    Free Member

I have a Candy it is still in warranty but it has really tested me breaking down all the time.I am looking at a indesit Moon but anybody recommend me anything else

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Have a look at the comet auction site and see what you can pick up. We god a nice Bosch machine for well under half price.

jordie
    Free Member

Jesus no wonder shops are closing **** 2 weeks to deliver WTF!!

cinnamon_girl

Miele. That is all.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Bosch 1200 Classixx s-express; Which mag recommended. Been awesome last 5 years, twins ergo 24/7..365/365 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

one of these
    Stepford 3000

Wally

2nd Miele.
    A true case of you get what you pay for and when it does go wrong (leak from powder tray) phone number answered straight away and delightful lady responds "Sir, just do a 95' wash with BIO a couple of times and it will fix itself" and it did. Ours is hammered and still washes very well everytime.

lorax

3rd for Miele. Pricey up front but worth every penny. Ours is 13 years old and just keeps going and going, despite being worked very hard – apart from scale in the powder drawer it is effectively as good as new.

The one problem we have had was a weird noise on the spin cycle. I called Miele and asked someone to come and check the main bearings (this was after about 8 years); they said it wouldn't be this and I should check it was level. When I did the check I found out that one of the screws securing the top surface had worked loose, so I called them up and a pair of screws (they weren't just any old screws) arrived the next day.

petrieboy

+1 Miele – worth every penny

jahwomble
    Free Member

I used to be a warehouse manager for a national white goods company, if you can afford it buy a Miele. don't touch Indesh*t

If you don't want to spend that much, get a Beko,in three years I was there we never got any back faulty, and we had a warehouse full of dead Bosch, Hotpoint, indesit etc awaiting collection for repair or replacement from the mfctr.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Do I even bother with a another +1 for the Miele? My parents have had one for somewhere near 7-8 years, no problems at all.

Wally

The hive mind has spoke with a united voice……for once.

ash.addy
    Free Member

on my second bosch first one lasted 11 no problems or faults – damn cursed this one now

mdavids
    Free Member

If you don't want to spend that much, get a Beko

Please dont for the sake of your sanity. An over-sensitive load balancer means that mine fails to spin about 30% of the time. It isnt broken, its a feature. In fact I'm reading this thread because I'm looking to replace my fully operational beko with something that I dont want to hit with a sledgehammer.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Id get a Beko , we have Beko washer , tumble dryer and dishwasher and all been excellent value and zero problems …
    Id recommend them to anyone
    Always had issues with hoover for some reason ?

br
    Free Member

tbh When I went to buy a washer recently as ours had gone kaput, it was more of a case of what did the various places actually have in stock.

As, no, I didn't want to wait 10 days for delivery (both Comet and Currys) – as we were without – so just bought the cheapest one they had in.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Also try here……

Depending on where you are, they can do next day delivery on most items, I bought a washer off them a few weeks back and they actually delivered it later the same day, which was pretty damned impresive.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Any 1400 spin speed Bosch. Very quiet, very quick and not expensive.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Miele – got a 10 year warrantee with ours – which kind of says it all.

Grimy
    Free Member

I dont really have any advice on what new machine to buy….BUT I can surgest a few ways of recycling your old one! The stainless steel drum makes a brilliant woodburner! the holes around the circumferance are ideal, and being stainless they dont rot and look bad like the usual burners you buy from B&Q etc….

Alternativly…This table lamp looks quite cool too! click here!

Charging dodgy lithium batteries!

the posibilitys are endless! lmfao

zigzag69
    Free Member

Another vote for Beko, bought it based on recommendation from washing machine repair man – Had it for over 3 years now and it just keeps on trucking. Have had the very occasional load not spin correctly, usually underloaded with big heavy bathroom mat throwing off the load/spin balancer.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a washing machine’ is closed to new replies.