Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Recommend me a ………..Van
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

I like sleeping in my van. It’s a nice step up from my tent

RustyNissanPrairie

Love Tubs – Member

eberspacher heater

You are a lucky man, I’d love to retro-fit one in my bus but they’re quite expensive 2nd hand. Have you had it service yet?

Came with the van but didn’t work. I pulled it apart and gave it a proper service/clean out. Dead easy and parts easily available. Works fine since. Have rigged up a cheapo ebay 24/7 timer set to come on in the mornings before work so the van is defrosted and toasty!

trail_rat
    Free Member

id rather be in rusty nissan praries transit my self.

be warmer when i woke up 😉 – and have enough left over from buying it over the T5 to go on a mega road trip 😀

philwarren11
    Free Member

Any T5 i reckon, but then again I’m biased as I do the photography for NWCC…

New Wave Custom Conversions VW T6 Camper Conversions

:p

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Lol. He said van not vintage motoring.

I guess the answer is a Berlingo then as per seemingly every single post you make on here. Best tent to buy? Don’t, buy a Berlingo. Best £30k estate car? Don’t buy a Berlingo.

Done everything shark attack does with his van in the a berlingo

YES! You didn’t let me down! Service resumed. Took until page 2 of the thread though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

kids not sleeping dave.

im glad you keep a note of what i write.

it certainly beats the endless echo in this place of buy a T5 with astronomic miles for 20k

meanwhile – for correctness i suggest you re read and highlight where i said buy a berlingo in this thread – i didnt because its the wrong vehicle for the OP.

sharkattack

buy a T5 with astronomic miles for 20k

Mine was 9k with 75,000 miles.

And that’s me done with this thread I think!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Another T5 owner here. Mainly because it was the only van I looked at that didn’t require amputation of the middle passenger’s right leg to clear the gear change.

mick_r

Current shape Dispatch / Scudo / Expert is fine for 3 in the front (including legs and gear changing). Older shape pre 2007 was a bit tighter at the gear lever and not full 3 point belts (we’ve owned both).

Reliability has been good. A few niggles but never let down by any of them (133k in 1st Scudo, currently 62k in Dispatch Combi). Been all over Europe in them (from Norway to Italy and everywhere in between).

Combi ones avoid the speed limit hassles. Probably best bang for buck would be a late facelifted original shape Combi (2006 ish) with JTD / HDI engine (pretty rare as most will have been converted into Taxis / Wheelchair vehicles).

Didn’t get a Caddy Life as it was over priced, over trimmed (light grey rear seats and carpets – no thanks) and not 3 seats in the front. Local dealer attitude was also appaling (but that can be the same for any manufacturer).

New Berlingo centre front seat is sometimes described as 20:20 (suitable for 20 mins / 20 km).

Hate to say it but have you considered a Fiat Multipla for 3 up front and 3 whole bikes in back?……

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a ………..Van’ is closed to new replies.