Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a tyre…
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

Boring I know. I’m looking for some lighter tyres. Non ust. I want something I can ride most of the year on. I currently use panny fire xc on the ht and maxxis advantage on my fs. Recommend away.

richc
    Free Member

Maxxis Ignitors are very good all rounders.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

ok i’ll have a look cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

tioga blue dragon

chakaping
    Free Member

If you want something thin-ish, a 2.0 Bontrager Mud X could be a good choice.

If you wanted them a bit wider, perhaps the Continental Mountain King 2.2 Protection.

Both fast, light and versatile.

jfeb
    Free Member

Nobby Nick front, Racing Ralph rear. Surprisingly grippy given the low tread depth. I have been running Racing Ralphs on my 29er all winter (although they are not ideal mud tyres I’d be the first to admit)

MrNutt
    Free Member

h-h-h-h-high rollers!

james
    Free Member

Bontrager Mud X 2″ Tubeless Ready (Though take tubes easily) = 550g. A racey mud tyre that seem to corner nicely.
    The only issue I have with mine is their volume in the rougher stuff/when attempting drops

Bontrager ACX 2.2″ folding (theres also a lighter sub 500g 2.1″ verison) = 565g (I think) are a similar tread to the mud X, but stighlty harder compound. The only issue being when really pushing it on trail centre bermy corners they can start to slide a little, and not as good in slop as the MudX’s

Kenda Nevegal DTC 2.1″ folding = 630g or so, seem good at everything, but not super-duper (not had them long though). It could be that they’re like good suspension is meant to be, that you don’t notice them they’re that good? (Not as good as the Mud X in slop though)

Else (I’ve not used them) 2.1″ High rollers in a 62a compound is sib 500g I think and should corner and clear very well, and roll quite well

Stoner
    Free Member

another vote for ignitors (29er) all year round from me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tyre…’ is closed to new replies.