• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a tubeless all mountain tyre, sub 800grams…
  • glacier79
    Free Member

Finding it a bit of a minfield choosing tyres for my new tubeless wheelset. What tubeless tyres are you riding (and can recommend)? Thanks in advance for any replies.

bri-72

Schwalbe hans Dampf front and nobby nic rear. My 1st foray into world of tubeless and have survived some gnarly mountain descents and trail centre action no bother. Good compromise between weight, rolling resistance, grip and toughness IMO

JohnnyPanic

Spesh Purgatory Control very good tubeless. Using one on the rear atm. Plenty of grip & seem to roll OK. Go up like a dream. Also cheap. Have seen Eskar’s recommended.

Just got a set of the Hans Dampfs to try but not put them on yet.

Nobby Nics OK but not that tough imo. Plenty of tread left on my set but the threads begining to show on the sidewalls and one has a half inch sidewall split (glued up).

br
    Free Member

tbh it depends on where you’ll be riding.

When wetter/rocky-ier
    F – Bontrager Team Issue XR4
    R – Maxxis Ardent

Dry-ish conditions
    F – Maxxis Ardent
    R – Maxxis Larsen

And winter would be Mud-X’s.

And more than one set of wheels 🙂

footflaps

I’ve ripped Nobby Nics wide open in Sierra Nevada, couldn’t cope with sharp rocks.

bri-72

I’ve ripped Nobby Nics wide open in Sierra Nevada, couldn’t cope with sharp rocks.

Good choice from my sept trip there then 😀

ratherbeintobago

Out of interest, are the Snakeskin Schwalbe tyres any less fragile?

Andy

bri-72

I’ve used the old NNs and were very thin sidewalls. New TLR versions do seem a lot tougher and handle highand rock ok. Spain….only time will tell.

glacier79
    Free Member

Any more suggestions folks?

Kryton57

NN TLR Snakeskin, can’t go far wrong with those IMO.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Purgatory Control – I’ve managed to shred a few NNs (inc the old UST ones) but not troubled the Purgatory yet. Cheap too!

Tracey

Ive got a Specialized Clutch on the front and a Purgatory on the rear

Ben_mw

I’ve ripped Nobby Nics wide open in Sierra Nevada Snowdon and Skiddaw, couldn’t cope with sharp rocks.

Got a XR4 on the front at the mo, seems pretty good, might try something else from Bontrager on the back.

IA

Has anyone said high rollers yet? Those.

Singly ply folding one on the front if you want to save a bit more weight, they tubeless fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tubeless all mountain tyre, sub 800grams…’ is closed to new replies.