Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me a triangle shaped water bottle. Or maybe a tapered one
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi all, fairly common problem it seems but cant really find a solution.

I want to fit in a water bottle on my Norco ,a traditional cage didn’t work as the edge of it would touch the piggyback open/ close lever . Tried a fabric one ( the cageless one that bolts to the frame) and that didn’t fit as the bottom of the bottle touched the piggyback .

Found a bontrager cage that works (I.e plenty clearance ) but the bottom of a camelbak bottle still touches . Any ideas for bottles? First to say wear a camelbak wins a prize

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just press a big dent in the bottom of the bottle you already have? It’ll still hold water.

STATO
    Free Member

Side entry cage mounted slightly further up, so you dont need the space above the bottle to slide it in.

trail_rat
    Free Member

axiom mudguard axle runners can be used to move the cage up a small amount.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thing is if I move the cage up a little the top of the bottle hits the frame . It’s super tight in there

STATO
    Free Member

Can you move it up enough so the top hits the frame but clears the shock? if so then that pretty obviously the way to go, side entry cage to get the bottle in. Specialized ones are quite good.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

No space to move it up

legend
    Free Member

I assume it’s a 500ml bidon? Anything bigger is against the rules anyway. Will a 500ml with a side entry cage not work?

Edit: posted before the new photo. Side exit cage wouldn’t hurt but you’ll may have to get melty with the bottle

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Why would a side entry one help? Isn’t the problem the bottle? Sorry a little unsure on the difference.

Hmmm . Best way to get melty then….

STATO
    Free Member

Stop holding your phone sideways, or at least rotate the photo, its giving me a sore neck 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I was not aware it was an issue , looks good on iPhone . Soz!

brant
    Free Member

Do things get worse as the shock compresses? I think so from the look of things

timidwheeler

Alpkit handlebar mounted pot?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yep shock mashes it. Would rather have it in the frame , weight and all that…

simondbarnes

Get a different shock

khani
    Free Member

Might be able to squash it a bit using a heat gun (gently)

STATO
    Free Member

I have to say, the more I look at it, its ever increasingly obvious… that the overspray on the shock bolt is shocking.

Oh and yeah I think your not getting a bottle on it with that shock.

cookeaa

This sneaks in with a different shock…

same problem from last year, many solutions offered…

cookeaa

My daughter’s bike will only accomodate a 330ml bottle from decathlon, you can either have princess/barbie pink or Ben10 black and green I think… But it would fit…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks cookeaa! Looks like a battery but at least it’s not Barbie

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yeeha

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a triangle shaped water bottle. Or maybe a tapered one’ is closed to new replies.