Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a travel mug
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…for freshly brewed coffee from a press. Because there's something about coffee press coffee – it just seems to cool down really quickly (probably because it starts out cooler in the first place.

I used to have one of these, made by the company La Cafetiere.

It was the best travel mug I've had in years. Had a leakproof (which was actually leakproof) lid and a "drink 360" thing which meant you could drink anywhere from the rim. It kept my coffee warm all morning and was great. But of course, like all travel mugs, it got left behind somewhere and by the time I'd lost it, no-one seemed to be manufacturing/selling it anymore.

Anybody else found that revelatory gem that is a travel mug that actually works, doesn't drip coffee down your shirt in the car and keeps it hot. I'll pay good money, so none of yer cheap tat. 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

What's the point of recommending anything; you'll only lose it. 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

ssec ones not bad …. bet it wasnt expensive but knowing stu its probably not shite either … used it plenty !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What's the point of recommending anything; you'll only lose it.

Constructive Talcum…

I'll buy ten of them! (i'll give your missus one of 'em the nest time she's in Bristol 🙂 )

molgrips
    Free Member

I use a Starbucks one. Very good insulation and great materials etc for keeping clean.

Only tip I can offer though is get one where the cup is one-piece welded metal, not with a plastic bit on top. this means that a) it's probably a real vacuum flask and b) there's no crack between plastic and metal for milky gunk to get stuck in (speaking from experience).

Or, Trek do one that goes into a bottle cage.

trail_rat
    Free Member

milky gunk …. you spoil coffee with milk …. i bet you do sugar too !

scottyjohn
    Free Member

+1 for the starbucks mug, only one thats lasted and is totally watertight. You can actually throw it in a bag upside down with no leakage.

molgrips
    Free Member

Trail rat.. ever heard of a caramel macchiato? 😉

As for lasting – had my bucks one for what, 2-3 years.. it still looks new – seriously.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Trail rat.. ever heard of a caramel macchiato?

thats an ice cream right ?

timber

very cheap and never spilt my drink in the tractor, thermal properties dubious…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆 Timber

Talkemada
    Free Member

Actually, my wife was wondering if she left an item of clothing round yours.

Personally, I'm surprised she even bothered with them…

Trollope.

MrNutt
    Free Member

can't you get STW ones?

higgo
    Free Member

Trail rat.. ever heard of a caramel macchiato?

thats an ice cream right ?

Whatever it is, it's not coffee.

molgrips
    Free Member

It's a coffee with other things in it. So what?

I love coffee of all kinds, can't bloody STAND coffee snobs.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a travel mug’ is closed to new replies.