Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a track pump
  • winston
    Free Member

My venerable no-name French supermarket pump has died after 10+ years. Actually it was quite high quality with alloy barrel, long hose, wooden handle, top mounted gauge.

What should I get now? Used for both road and mtb so needs 120 psi.

Lezyne seem to be everywhere as do Topeak Joe blows – any views on either?

fadda

Joe Blow

\thread

tubthumped
    Free Member

Had a Joe Blow for about 10 years I think. Perfect.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Joe Blow

kennyp
    Free Member

I have a Joe Blow but every time I take the nozzle off I seem to lose about 10 psi. Am I doing something daft?

winston
    Free Member

Does it matter which one – there appear to be loads! Sport 2 ok?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Silca or SKS Rennkompressor FTW

jairaj

I’m very happy with my Lezyne pump. Well built, smooth action and looks good.

If you use tubeless tyres then get something from their HV (high volume) range.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Just got an Airwaves Storm for £15. I think the pressure gauge is well off. But it blows up tyres..? Get the Joe Blow.

winston
    Free Member

I’ve just read that the SKS compressor falls over a lot – I hate that in a pump…

I don’t use tubeless

edhornby

What ever you get, take the shitty plastic valve off and put on one of these
    super chuck

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve just read that the SKS compressor falls over a lot – I hate that in a pump…

Feet fold so it’s smaller. Ours lives in the van so makes sense but yes, it won’t stand up by itself.

winston
    Free Member

if that chuck is so good why don’t topeak put them on their pumps?

eskay

SKS Rennkompressor

Agree with this, proper pump and I think you can buy every part as a spare. Engineered to last a lifetime.

mtbtom
    Free Member

If you get a SKS Rennkompressor, get the one with the modern quick-release valve. The screw on presta adaptor / push fit combo is a pain in the arse.

You can get replacement hoses, but it was cheaper to get a plastic Weldtite one!

steviecapt
    Free Member

topeak joe blow mountain, but change the crappy plastic adapter and use one of these, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lezyne-floor-abs-spares-pack/rp-prod73485, far better

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a track pump’ is closed to new replies.