Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a tow bar bike rack
  • fraseruk
    Free Member

I’m looking for a tow bar bike rack for 3 bikes, but can’t find many reviews. Ideally one that can tilt to allow access to the estate boot.

Anyone on here got a recommendation? Or equally any to avoid.

Cheers.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Thule Ride on. A bit of a faff to get it to tilt (pack stuff better!!!) but a great rack for the money and I use mine all the time and it still looks good and hasn’t failed in the slightest.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

My brother has one of the Thule towbar carriers – it’s been a great rack for him – he’s had his for about 3 years now. His doesn’t tilt, but they do a 3 bike tilting one which is the 9503 model.

I own Thule bars & carriers for the roof & find little to fault on them – I bought them a couple of years ago at a point when I was considering getting a more ‘bike friendly’ car – the result of the purchase is I still own the same car as I no longer have a need to change it.

You do pay a bit more for the Thule stuff, but IMHO they’re worth it.

Sparky77
    Free Member

http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/

Had one of these for years, can’t really recommend it enough. Simple, easy and very secure.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got a thule ride on, cheap and secure.

jet26
    Free Member

Buzzrunner. Tilts. Light board on rack. Three bikes. Adjustable wheel width, locks to towbar and to bikes. Great bit of kit…

falkirk-mark

I have a thule and to be honest I find it easier to access the boot through the rear doors as opposed to faffing with the rack.
    Aside from that it is arguably the best £100 I have spent on bike gear

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have a Witter rack and tbh I cannot recommend it it wobbles too much

Pendal next time for me

I also need to use my towball so clamp on racks are no use to me

CHB

Thule g5 …expensive, but fantastic kit. tilts and rock solid.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Used a Atera Strada for the last 4 years, takes longer to plug in the electrics than to attach to the towbar! the rack has a simple catch to slide it away from the car so you can open your tail gate and by default the bikes are locked on. Not cheap but worth ever penny if you use it a lot.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?20383

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-accessories/atera_strada_dl_3_to_4_bike_carrier_uk_lights_no_ar2603/njNA_v1HqTo9~w7HCO3kxz3uBtkB%2C~4RYoJEYzTmI

Grim
    Free Member

I second the Atera Strada rack, very easy to fit and it slides allowing access to the boot of my estate car. Not cheap as Davidx says, but a good investment!

Grim

rudedog
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2 bike Thule ride on and its spot on. Initially, I had a problem keeping the bikes from touching but found that by rotating the crank arm of the outside bike so its against the middle separator thing it keeps the bikes much further apart (I use an extra strap on the outside bike for more security too)

jamieandangela
    Free Member

I also give a shout for the Atera Strada, have used the rack for four years. Easy to fit and quality build…..an investment well worth making.

pendlechris
    Free Member

Atera Strada all the way, I did all the looking around, reviews etc, its spot on the whole rack locks to the tow ball and each bike is locked to the carrier,easy to put on 2 mins, and can fold qown and put in boot of car while you ride if wanted. I cannot fault this rack.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tow bar bike rack’ is closed to new replies.