Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me . . . a tool belt
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

After last weekends successful foray into diy I’ve got the bit between my teeth to take on more jobs about the place.
    I’m looking for a decent tool belt that will take all the usual screws, nails, hand tools etc loops for hammers is a must.
    I know there’s loads on eblag etc but I don’t want one which will fall apart in 5 mins.
    Can you recommend me one?
    Ta

neilwheel
    Free Member

How many hammers?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

One, sorry got carried away

mj27
    Free Member

Bucket boss… Still going strong after 8 years. EBay is good for them as UK importers are few and far between.

bigblackshed

I’ve had one like this for years and it’s fine for nails, screws and the odd tool.

CLICK HERE

The expensive structured ones that will hold all of your tools look proper pro. Unfortunately you can’t stand up when they’re full of tools. They are far too heavy and bulky.

YMMV of course.

convert

Tool belt and DIY don’t compute imo. Tool box-yes, tool board in the shed for easy location – yes. Tool belts are for working on sites were you are working away from your box of tools for a long time and the floor is too skanky to want to put anything down, doing a repetitive job using a small range of equipment. I’ve been given one as a free gift with tools in the past which continues to sit unused.

spooky_b329

One of those bucket totes is where it’s at. I used one at work, hangs off stuff, bulky stiff goes in the middle and you can use it as a bin.

Mine is actually a horse tack bucket organiser but when it wears out I’ll get a proper one.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Same as above really, get a small tool bag or toolbox to carry your commonly used tools to the job.

A single pouch is usually plenty for most jobs, with a separate hammer holster on the belt. Anything on that Toolstation link will be fine for DIY. The Plano stuff is good.

I have a CK one – been going strong for years and the weightlifter type belt is really supportive round the back…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

The trouble is with me I end up spreading all my tools etc around as I’m working, a tool belt I believe will tidy up my working ways.
    Cheers for the suggestions I’ll get one on my Christmas list!

jota180
    Free Member

I’m another one who would (does) choose an open top box rather than a belt for work.
    I use a belt if working off ladders or steps etc. but for general stuff, it’ll only get in the way and spill out far too often

saladdodger
    Free Member

As above I to have been using the CK tool belt for years tis an ace bit of kit
    But once you put a bit of weight in it they tend to slip down thats where the CK braces come in wear all day in comfort

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me . . . a tool belt’ is closed to new replies.