Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Recommend me a tattoo
  • tazzymtb

But how would anyone know it was hitlers

pubes would look like a little tache?

CaptainSlow

DTF – I wouldn’t get an album cover tattooed on me personally (if I did it would either be somewhere in time or seventh son maiden covers).
    But – back to my earlier point, what if think means nothing.

You can do better if you try 😉

What was your henna tattoo of?

If you like swirly surreal stuff I’ve seen some great ones in that style

CaptainSlow

Got it in one Tazz 😀

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Any good? Potentially regret it though.

I would say no, but if you wanted something in that style check out Jason Butcher, John Anderton and Jak Connolly.

chewkw
    Free Member

???????? <- this is good.

??????? <- or this …

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I cant remember what my henna tattoo was of actually, obviously not something endearing! Although to be fair, it was drawn by a six year old so it wasa bit messy.

Euro
    Free Member

or 5:10s if you’ve fat feet.

Personally, i’d go for a tat of a famous tattooed person. Shaun Palmer maybe…

wrecker
    Free Member

think you’ll find Celtic ones and tribal pointy were around long before dusk til dawn and mainly in the alternative subcultures…then townies saw them in popular cinema and copied.

Hence the “trendy” comment……I’m not under the impression that George clooney invented the tribal tattoo 😀

pymwymis
    Free Member

Just don’t !

vickypea
    Free Member

A woman at work had “alpha and omega” tattooed onto her shoulder in Greek. Unfortunately it was spelt wrong. I pointed this out to her and she called me a freak!

v666ern
    Free Member

Surely just

100mm on a BFe is all you need

Repeated over and over again

Sorry David you kind of asked for that! 😉

torsoinalake
    Free Member

CountZero

It was getting on for fifteen years before I actually got my first tattoo, from having decided I wanted one.
    I spent ages looking at other people’s designs, before finally realising it’s a personal thing, and just copying some flash, or whatever some celebrity has had done isn’t the way to go. One of mine, around my wrist, is a line of Ogham script, which is early British, which says ‘this too shall pass’, and another is derived from the Neolithic hill carving, the Uffington White Horse:

[/url] DSC00080 by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

It’s a hare, a creature I find fascinating, and slightly mystical, and it’s a native animal, probably the pagan source for the Easter Bunny, being the animal avatar of Eostra, the Celtic goddess of spring.
    I drew it myself, freehand, looking at a line drawing of the original, and it only needed a tiny adjustment to the head.
    Not to everyone’s taste, perhaps, but it has meaning to me, and many people have made nice comments about it.
    I have an idea for another one, of two ravens in flight, representing Hugin and Munin, Odin One-eye’s messengers.
    I have a real passion for Corvidea, and their names mean Thought and Memory, which again has a personal meaning for me.
    It has to be something that has meaning and significance for you, otherwise it’s really pointless.
    In my humble opinion, of course… 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fair play Countzero, interesting stuff.

mcmoonter
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CZ sponsored by Bath Ales 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Not tempted to follow Cheryl Cole’s example? 😉

But seriously… Just like yourself, have thought long and hard for a long time about what I would get, but still haven’t decided what it would be, hence haven’t got anything done!

I did succumb to the piercing itch a couple of years ago though, but at least piercings can be removed if you get bored of them! Watch out though, it’s addictive for some reason… 😕

CountZero

Dd, I was waiting for someone to say that! When I designed it, I hadn’t actually seen the Bath Ales logo, they were still very new, and local only to a few pubs in Bath. I was very surprised when I actually saw it. 😀
    This is the white horse, you can see where I based my hare on it:

Bath Ales, close, but no banana:

ben
    Free Member

Personally, I went for “tribal shit” 🙂

I knew I wanted a hammerhead and in that kind of style. I met 3 artists who all came up with some initial designs and from that worked closely with my favourite to end up with what you see above.

Definitely go with a unique piece rather than choosing something from a book of stencils in my opinion.

A bloke I work with has just had YNWA across his knuckles (supports Liverpool – work it out). He’s having a mid-life crisis!

He has gone down the Koi route for a sleeve he’s having. At least he keeps Koi. I suppose!

kayak23

It has to be something that has meaning and significance for you, otherwise it’s really pointless.

Personally, this idea some people have that having a tattoo is somehow tremendously deep, is what makes me cringe a bit . I’ve got a tattoo, it doesn’t mean anything.
    Get whatever you want, it really doesn’t matter, but if you’re having to ask, maybe just get a t-shirt?
    😀

Mugboo

After watching episode 2 of My Tattoo Addiction, under no circumstances go to Woodys and give him free reign!

Seriously though, watch the series, some freaks on there but it’ll help you decide whether you really want one 🙂

DrJ

I’m thinking of getting a tattoo of Cheryl Cole on my arse.

mekon
    Free Member

If you are forcing yourself to find an image of something then in a few years you will regret having it done.

wwaswas

I suspect the OP was trolling having read the earlier threads about tattoo’s.

discussion thus far seems to have been quite sensible which will no doubt have caused disappointment…

wrecker
    Free Member

Personally, this idea some people have that having a tattoo is somehow tremendously deep, is what makes me cringe a bit . I’ve got a tattoo, it doesn’t mean anything.

Quite.
    I have one which I had done when I was 15. It means nothing but I don’t dislike it. I also have a unit tat which is meaningful to me. It’s a little macho (dagger and all) but it is from a time when that was my life. It’s art, sometimes it means something and sometimes it’s just nice to look at.
    I really like the scrabble tat someone posted a while ago with his kids names in it.

jekkyl

will you still like your tattoo when your 70 and your skin isn’t quite as taught as it is now?
    am not a hater, just sayin’………

Dobbo

Woodys tattoos were amazing quality, a true artist.

Drac

Sorry but that’s what I see Countzero.

HermanShake
    Free Member

OP, this needs thought. A lot of thought. In answer to your Q:

Tastes change, a tattoo for the sake of a tattoo is a daft idea and sure to result in regret. Symbolism and meaning in subtle form rather than overt text/imagery has a much longer lifespan. The novelty wears off pretty fast, but the tat doesn’t!

I love the piece on my arm, lots of time and thought went into it and it was hand-done by a friend. I have something small on my calf in memory of a friend which is significant to me but feels too prominent now. I wouldn’t be without it, but would have had it put elsewhere with hindsight.

I’ll leave you with this gem:

DezB
    Free Member

I like Cheryl Cole’s arse.

(don’t think much of the tat though)

natrix
    Free Member

How about something retro?

Dashed lines around your neck with ‘cut ‘here’??
    Spider webs on the outside of your elbows?
    Hinges on the inside of your elbows??

‘RIP’ on your John Thomas (stands for Rise If Possible)??

duntstick
    Free Member

I had ‘Fit for the Quee’ on my todger………… didn’t think it through properly

randomjeremy
    Free Member

OP save yourself a load of time and effort and just have “I will regret this” tattooed somewhere prominent.

Also http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/tattoos-must-reflect-owners-averageness-2013100380051

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple. A small cheap “tribal” thing on y right shoulder blade, looks a bit like an “M” but it isn’t. It means nothing to anybody, but means loads to me, and that’s why I got it.
    My left shoulder/bicep has one with a bit more thought put into it. Maori-based design, with the same principles of Maori tattoos in that it tells a story. Again, no-one knows what it means it means except my close family, and that again, is why I got it.

No pics of either I’m afraid.

Would happily get more if I felt the urge to, but no need.

Bimbler
    Free Member

For inspiration you could check out the reddit tattoo subreddit

DrJ

Is it actually possible to tattoo something on your todger? I mean – apart from something very very small … 🙁

wwaswas

Is it actually possible to tattoo something on your todger?

I had 12 marks at one inch intervals put on mine.

But I don’t use it as a rule.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Thought about getting one to commemorate my one and only 24hr solo. Favourite design so far is sun in blue sky on the outside of my bicep fading to black with moon and stars on the inside. The solo was 2006 so I’m feeling I may have missed the moment.

CaptainSlow

DrJ – Google puff the magic dragon – warning NSFW.

Now that’s commitment 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tattoo’ is closed to new replies.