Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a tablet for my kids
  • windowshopper
    Free Member

Kids are about to turn 8 and 6 respectively and I’m after a tablet to take on holiday to keep them entertained… play games, watch movies, maybe access Netflix account, read….

Any good or bad experiences would be helpful to know.

Thanks.

Cletus

Asus Fonepad would be my choice. It supports 3G and has a micro SD slot for memory expansion. Supports Google Play and has good battery life.

Available for £170 if you look about

loddrik
    Free Member

Recommend me a tablet for my kids

Temazepam?

Sandwich

Old skool loddrik. What are the young folk taking currently?

windowshopper
    Free Member

Thanks Cletus. Was hoping to spend more like £130 as the kids could probably forgo things like GPS, hi-spec camera and probably even 3G.

Any more?

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

With a bit of Googling you can find Nexus7 tablets for about £150 or closer to £100 if you are happy with a refurb unit.
    When it comes to android, having owned a few, I wouldn’t look any further than the Nexus branded ones as they are the only ones that you can get a decent upgrade life for..
    All the manufacturers abandon their android devices after 1 or maybe 2 upgrades. The Nexus units are spec’d by Google as vanilla Android devices and get their updates directly from Google.

saxon1989
    Free Member

Check out a Chinese whole saler. Google lightinthebox if my memory serves me well.
    They are dirt cheap on there. I mean like £40 and have tons of 5star reviews. I believe they run android. Hope this helps save a bit. After all its for kids so they will prob brake it anyway.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Why dont you take an interesting pill and entertain them yourself

jekkyl

diazepam

Cletus

The Barnes & Noble Nook HD may fit the bill and is available until the 31st for £99

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/tablets/378385/barnes-noble-nook-hd

http://uk.nook.com/

knightrider
    Free Member

my 2 have Samsung galaxy tab2 7’s

grandparents bought them for Christmas

they have been good so far

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tablet for my kids’ is closed to new replies.