Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a super warm winter glove
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Doesn’t have to be waterproof.

winrya
    Free Member

I’m after the same advice. Had no feeling in my fingers for a couple of hours after doing the longmynd today!

Research so far suggests Fox antifreeze gloves or gore xenon gloves? Welcome feedback please all.

Ryan

mudmonster
    Free Member

Doesn’t need to be cycling specific either. Will check out this antifreeze and xenon though.

superfli
    Free Member

I wouldn’t recommend fox af for below 5c If your hands suffer in the cold. My finger tips were numb for 1month after wearing them last spring! Can depend on riding though. Tech stuff will keep your hands warner than on road.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Craft Siberian looks ok.

MrSmith
    Free Member

http://www.louisgarneau.com/in-en/products/305563/Cold_Weather

they make good stuff, canadian so they know cold weather, think evans are the importers/stockists

rewski
    Free Member

sealskins – fingers like toast in last years sub zero temps.

sc-xc

I asked recently, because the last 2 pairs of Sealskinz I have had were awful.

Top recommendation was Spesh Sub Zero

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Scuba neoprene drysuit gloves, even when wet through they’re toasty warm

Burls72
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi WXB 3X1, not used it but the earlier Pearl Izumi gloves i’ve got are very warm. Outdoor winter gloves (for skiing/climbing) are also very warm but very pricey. Anything which is waterproof will also be windproof which will help a lot. You could also buy the gloves bigger than normal and wear a liner, preferably wool.

mrmo
    Free Member

being serious ignore all recommendations, use them for guidance and no more, try gloves on, the fit is crucial, if your fingers are rammed to the tips the cold will get in. The glove must have a little looseness to allow for the insulation to trap some air. Also keep your body and arms warm, the body pulls blood from the extremities to keep the core warm, so if your core is cold your hands will be more so.

I am currently using some 3 year old treks that i don’t think are made anymore. they were fine down to -8 last winter.

Things i look for some insulation, yes i know it sounds obvious but you would be surprised with some “winter”gloves, a long insulated cuff (usually knitted and then a second cuff. I tuck the jersey between the two cuffs to prevent a cold spot where the veins are close to the surface.

ratadog

Chiba drystar gloves, about 30ukp from merlin and others although I found mine on ebay for about a tenner 2 years ago.

winrya
    Free Member

Just been digging out old mbr mags and stumbled across a winter gloves test. The fox anti freeze came out top. Said you can happily use the thick airprene outer gloves on their own or slip the water proof liner on when the going gets wet. Says a warm and breathable glove with great feel on the bars too. Found them for £32 on ebay at biketart so gonna give them a try

Blackhound

I feel the cold and bought these last winter:

craft

I have always struggled but these were good for a lot of last winter. I have just replaced the inners with some merino wool liners which I hope will give additional warmth. Yesterday they were plenty warm enough both morning and evening.

MrSparkle

Blackhound – I’ve been looking at those myself. How did you go on for sizing and how waterproof are they?

rOcKeTdOg

bought some Gore mistral windstopper from Evans yesterday for £16, worked well today, will know more on the possibly frosty commute tommorrow. pain from fingers warming back up on friday was excruciating

tonyplym
    Free Member

Extremities Velo are pretty good – I’ve been using them for the last four or five winters and have been well happy with the warmth. I’ve got quite big hands and their XL size is a proper XL with a decent finger length.

crikey
    Free Member

Go to your local market, buy a pair of the fleecey Thinsulate gloves that cost about £4.

Wear over your normal summer gloves.

I bought some in 1993ish and I’ve never ever had cold hands while wearing them, even when soaked through.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a super warm winter glove’ is closed to new replies.