Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Recommend me a super plush, nice, mile munching car.
  • craigxxl
    Free Member

The sensible choice and more money to spend on motorbikes and petrol 🙂

weeksy

Well, i’m having what’s known as a minor bit of indecision on this… but not entirely sure why.

Car is the 2.0 Edge model, lower spec version of the range, but has only 55,000 on the clocks which is good for the age 08. Has full history etc.

The only downside is that it’s a little low budget dealer who has it, offers a 28 day warranty and i do wonder if something were to happen, how well it would go for getting it resolved. However, he’s only 20 mins fromm my door and 10 miles or so.

However, by the same account, he’s offering me a good PX on the Civic and is £500-1000 less than the equivalent cars loacally, i’d have to drive to the frozen wastelands of the north to get anything else, which then would make returns/warranty also very complex.

The car itself is unmarked, but the forecourt is a gravelly based stoney area which is just off the main road and a truck learning centre and so the car is just looking a bit unkempt. But nothign that i can’t sort in an hour with a Karcher and some cleaning products i guess.

So… do i stick with the cheaper option, after all, it’s only a Mondeo anyway..

Or throw in an extra grand for a larger dealership with longer warranty (if that’s actually worth anything in the real world of course) and a bit more care and attention to detail on the car..

craigxxl
    Free Member

If it’s peace of mind you’re after then take out your warranty, buying from a dealer they will only charge their commission on selling you the same.

RAC do some good warranties and come with breakdown cover too.

weeksy

Not a bad idea… I guess it depends on whether i think anything for £400 or so is going to go wrong that’s on the covered list… it’s not impossible…. Hmmm

dooosuk
    Free Member

Have you checked it’s MOT history online? Might offer you some peace of mind as to any recent issues it’s had.

To be honest, any dealership will try to wriggle out of an issue with an 8yr old car if you had one.

But it’s a low mileage, petrol engine mass produced car and so any issues should be cheap to fix.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What @craig says, the dealer just buys the warranty insurance anyway, you can do the same. Enjoy. Should be a good car to take to Burgandy / Alps

dragon
    Free Member

I know they aren’t so popular now but for that kind of trip an MPV is ace. I’d be looking at something like a VW Tourang or a Ford ?-max (pick which ever size fits your requirements best).

Top bits in the back for passengers are the air line style tables and 12v power sockets.

I had an A3 Sportback s-line in 05

We had the same car but a 2011, utterly awful ride.

weeksy

Smax is a lot worse on fuel if i recall. Good shout in many other ways, but not quite as ‘nice’ as a Mondeo…. but i may have a quick peek now…

weeksy

dooosuk – Member

Have you checked it’s MOT history online? Might offer you some peace of mind as to any recent issues it’s had.

All passes apart from 2 wiper blades and 2 tyres

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

BMW 520…

Described to me as a ‘sheep in wolf’s clothing’. Personally I’d avoid.

In the end i went for the cheaper option of a Mondeo. 2.0 Petrol.

Honestly? Good call, IMHO. 🙂

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

All passes apart from 2 wiper blades and 2 tyres

That’s not bad in 8 years!

weeksy

Bailed on that one but did buy another Mondeo locally.

It’s so so nice and soft to drive! Quiet! Relaxing!

hora
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with s mondy 😀

weeksy

Well that’s what i’m hoping.

The one i ended up with was a little more miles than i’d planned, but has full Ford history right up until March this year. Running approx 10,000 per year usually. It’s a little later being an 09 plate, so comes with Bluetooth etc. Condition is lovely, really nice, it drive superbly, so i went for it.
    Driving home, it was almost funny just how quiet and smooth it was compared to the Civic. Although the clutch is bloody heavy after a year in an Auto. Driving the back lanes and just floating over the bumps, lovely !

I also took out the extended full warranty as i had some cash left over as i bought it at a reasonable price, we’ll see over the year how much the paper is worth that’s written on lol. Or not… Hopefully it will just be a complete waste of £300 as nothing goes wrong 🙂

Thanks for all the wisdom guys and just because i didn’t go with some of your options, doesn’t mean i didn’t appreciate the posts.

buckster
    Free Member

eClass Estate

Inbred456
    Free Member

If it’s only a week hire something big and comfy 5 series or E class.

weeksy

Inbred456 – Member

If it’s only a week hire something big and comfy 5 series or E class.

A. I’ve already bought a car
    B. It is 12 days and then i’d have to come back and drive the horrid Civic again.

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a super plush, nice, mile munching car.’ is closed to new replies.