Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • recommend me a super light lock
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a super light but decent bike lock?

Just after something i can keep in my pack to maybe just lock the bikes up outside a shop or pub at the end of a ride while i pop inside.

Obvs it wont be a match for a determined thief but enough to put off a passing chancer? Was thinking it’d be handy in the alps too.

Cheers

duntstick
    Free Member

I was thinking of making something out of Kevlar tape with a loop at each end and a padlock attached.

Something that is light enough to know you would carry it all the time, and may slow them down just enough for what you need it for.

tadpole
    Free Member

I use a knog party something. Light weight and a rubbery finish, so I can wrap it round frame without it damaging paint, and it doesn’t slide about, bright colour so the scratters can see it and move on elsewhere, prob not very secure but it does for 15 mins while I pop in for tea and buns!

Rich
    Free Member

Depending on how light/secure you want, maybe a snowboard lock, very light, will stop a grab and run theft, but not wire cutters.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

snowboard lock – sterling idea!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

ordered a Dakine Cool Lock for £15 sheets. absolutely just the job. ill use it in winter too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a super light lock’ is closed to new replies.