Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Recommend me a super cool minimalist wallet
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

In the spirit of the thread, and tag, this is my current wallet;

*whistles*

Someone’s doing very well for themselves 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Should mention that mine isn’t the one in the picture, but one the same colour/style that has cards and cash in it, just for the record. 🙂

Oh, and Mrs CFH bought it for me, so yes, I suppose I am doing very well for myself. 8)

*Geekmode on*
    It has two separate ‘sleeves’ for cash, meaning I can have one in £GBP and the other for $USD or A.N.Other currency. Useful for travelling the world selling paperclips.

magnetodog
    Free Member

Paul Smith, don’t need money but it does fit sausages and a dentarask

davosaurusrex

Another vote for the bellroy notesleeve. Takes notes unfolded (keeping binners happy was a prerequisite for this purchase) and it really is a lovely thing. It is, however, about 400% more expensive than any wallet I’ve had in the past (so not that happy, sue me). Working class heroes had 15% or so off when I bought mine, only place I found doing any sort of discount

BigJohn

When I got my over 60s railcard it came in a free wallet. That’s about as cool as it comes.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve had my wallet for more years than I can remember, he is looking a bit rough round the edges though, time for a new one soon I think
    http://www.domesticplacementgroup.com/butler.html

CraigW
    Free Member

I have a wallet from Couch Guitar straps. https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/wallets.html
    Made of recycled vintage car vinyl. Mine is from a Pontiac GTO. They have some slimmer versions if you want.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a Kriega Stash – can’t lose it!
    Probably too big for most of you pretentious buggers but IDGAF 😆

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

As has probably been said a few times above, get a phone case with a couple of pockets to hold the phone (obviously) a debit/credit card or two and a few notes. I did this a few years ago, one less thing to remember and it’s way much harder to lose.
    When I actually emptied my redundant wallet out I was surprised at the amount of rubbish and unused cards I was carrying around. Go light, get liberated!

grum
    Free Member

Used to have a Bellroy, now have one of these:

http://www.trove.cc

Do I win the hipster-off?

Xylene
    Free Member

^ 30 quid for a bit of elastic strap and some felt?

ojom
    Free Member

I have painstakinlgy krafted mine from the eyelids and lashes of 17 individual hipsters. Some who wore thick rim glasses (better texture!) and some who didn’t.
    One of them, a prominent, instablogger, exclaimed upon seeing it that ‘it was the perfect curation of human skin samples he had ever seen’.

grum
    Free Member

^ 30 quid for a bit of elastic strap and some felt?

I’m sorry about your financial circumstances. And it’s Italian leather not felt. 🙂

I was sceptical too but it actually works really well.

One of them, a prominent, instablogger, exclaimed upon seeing it that ‘it was the perfect curation of human skin samples he had ever seen’.

😀

Xylene
    Free Member

I’m sorry about your financial circumstances. And it’s Italian leather not felt.

Normally I’m a sucker for that sort of stuff, odd but sort of cool, but in this instance, I’m out.

I keep looking at Noreve stuff, but I can’t bring myself to buy any.

DrJ

So – how many cards do you actually need to carry? I started out with just debit card, drivers licence and Oyster card, but it keeps creeping up…

letmetalktomark

Anther Jimi user here:

I’ve had a fair few over the years – the only downsides are over filling them and sitting on them takes its toll on the hinge bit.

Current one held together with a strip of camp gorilla tape but an new one waits in the shadows.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I cant find a link to the one i use. Its made by a climbing hold manufacturer called Beastmaker. Its made out of wood, holds all my cards and can slot in a few notes as well.

Fits in a shirt pocket without being noticable and is something a bit different

stumpy01

The only ‘posh’ wallet I’ve ever had was a Paul Smith one that my brother got me as a gift for being hi best man.

It looked nice but was acutally rubbish – it wasn’t wide enough to fit £10 notes & bigger in without folding them.
    And it fell apart way quicker than any of my other leather wallets I’ve owned.

Now got a Ted Baker one from John Lewis that cost about £15.

benp1

@magnetodog – you need to post more often. I have a black lab too, I need to get some funny photos of him like that

Bellroy here. My previous leather wallet was used for 17 years. This bellroy is about a year old, so far so good. I have the one with the hidden sections

miketually
    Free Member

As has probably been said a few times above, get a phone case with a couple of pockets to hold the phone (obviously) a debit/credit card or two and a few notes. I did this a few years ago, one less thing to remember and it’s way much harder to lose.

I hate phone cases, and always carry my phone with me but rarely have my wallet in my pocket.

So – how many cards do you actually need to carry? I started out with just debit card, drivers licence and Oyster card, but it keeps creeping up…

One debit card.

Anther Jimi user here: I’ve had a fair few over the years – the only downsides are over filling them and sitting on them takes its toll on the hinge bit.

I only carry one card and found it difficult to remove from my Jimi without a redundant card behind it. I also found the 3/4 note limit a bit too limiting. You shouldn’t be sitting on it, as it’s a front pocket wallet.

poly
    Free Member

Tried the Jimi – didn’t really like it.
    Now use the basics and whilst its expensive for what it is I’m not looking to change. Of course like the queen I don’t carry cash.

Solo
    Free Member

While I don’t purchase wallets very often, my two most recent wallets have been bought from Aspinal of London:

Breast wallet: Similar to this but with CC slots on the right leaf, rotated 90 degrees.

Double fold CC case with notes pocket: Similar to this. It’s made in bright blue leather and Monogrammed, obviously.

I’ve a money clip made from Silver, which I tend to use to carry cash when a wallet isn’t suitable.

hammyuk
    Free Member

HERE you go 8)

Bimbler
    Free Member

HERE you go

Lush, don’t need one, but really want one

Bedds
    Free Member

I’ve got an Osprey Quicklock which suits me, it’s thin and I love Osprey packs.. a bit of a winner, it’s got a good closure system and a hidden are for notes..

http://www.trekitt.co.uk/11838/products/osprey-quicklock-wallet-tropic-teal.aspx

amedias
    Free Member

I use a plastic sandwich bag 😳

I travel most places by bike, clothing varies and my cards/cash are one thing I don’t like to put in or leave in a bag so are always on my person.

I hate bulky wallets or anything that starts to feel heavy weighing a pocket down or being the wrong shape to fit in so just keep my cards (4 of them) in a plastic sandwich bag, along with a fiver or a tenner, it’s light, waterproof and not at all bulky and works for me.

I also get to enjoy ‘new bag day’ every month or so when the old one has a hole in it 🙂

Another side effect is that it seems to wind everyone up, family, co-workers, friends, I’ve lost count of the amount of times they’ve offreed to buy me a wallet for my birthday or something, but it doesn’t seem to register that I’ve chosen not to use one, I’m perfectly capable and financially solvent enough to buy a wallet if I wanted one!

Clobber
    Free Member

CFH, Pickett is a slightly unfortunate name for a wallet…

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have a mywalit one that’s lasted very well. Lots of types and lots of colours. I bought direct from their website.

yoshimi

Thanks for all the advice.

First off I ended up with 2 sausage and 1 bacon barmcakes 🙂

I really liked the look of that Ridge one but I was leaning to the Belroy Card Sleeve…after following all the links I’ve ended up finding and going for this one

*but not in this colour

benw
    Free Member

You can make your own from ductape,there are videos on how to do it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can also make your own belt out of baler twine…..

cat69uk
    Free Member

Amazed these sites exist!
    http://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/

grum
    Free Member

I considered that one yoshimi – looks good.

I got my Trove wallet from slimwalletjunkie – very good service.

Anyone brave enough to try one of these? 😀

http://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/blogs/news/54262785-meerkat-wrist-wallets-free-your-pocket

jools182
    Free Member
    Keva
    Free Member

I use a cloth sunglasses pouch. just the right size for a credit card a few notes and a bit of change.

yoshimi

Grum – indeed the service from slimwalletjunkie is excellent!

Funny story…I found my wallet again yesterday…hiding in GF’s car 😳

Daffy

Mine:

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Mine was made out of Panda foreskins by magical wood elves

pfft, mine was made out of magical wood elf foreskins by pandas.

CountZero

Been using Jimi wallets for some years now, had the hinge break on several, but they’re such useful wallets the last time one broke I bought two replacements, and after a couple of years the spare is still in the drawer. Mine only has my driver’s licence, bank Visa card and building society atm card, with folding money and several coffee loyalty cards in the other side. Used to have an Oyster Card in it, but now I can use either my bank card or my phone, there’s morse space in the wallet.
    It’s attached to me via a woven paracord lanyard with heavy stainless steel fittings, so almost impossible to steal.
    Or lose. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a super cool minimalist wallet’ is closed to new replies.