Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Recommend me a super cool minimalist wallet
  • yoshimi

A trip to find sausage sandwiches with a big hang-over last Sunday morning resulted in a lost wallet along with credit card, driving license etc etc 🙁

So, I now in the market for a new wallet but don’t want another fancy leather big thing – was looking at these…Humn wallet

Can anyone point me to similar ones that they’d recommend?

Thanks

Tiger6791

Got one for cycling with…

Now use it all the time

Ugly as sin, but weighs nothing and is dead thin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lifeventure-Ultralight-Pocket-Wallet-/271512336490

Not supercool though ….

STATO
    Free Member

I have one of these, designed by a guy i knew in uni. Very simple double sided card holder, takes 2-4 cards and some folded notes. Feels lovely as it wears in and the brown leather turns a lovely rich colour (they do other colours too). I have their iPhone6 case too which has a similar card pocket on the front, but the card holder alone is still a lovely thing.

campbellcole.co.uk

scotia
    Free Member
    dickster
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these http://elephantwallet.com/collections/lr-wallet

Have recommended to a few people (both friends and randoms) who have commented on it when they’ve seen it, who have each got one and love it.

Shed loads of variations to choose from.

willyboy
    Free Member

Look up Tyvek or Dynomighty wallet

They are very light and thin, and seem quite tough.

binners

Gettting in before the wearily inevitable niche, handcrafted, passive/aggressive, showy offy willy-waving from the usual suspects…..

My wallet is made out of the softly tanned hide of a unicorn, and stitched together with the pubic hairs of angels by mythical goddesses seated on clouds at the right hand of the lord himself.

So I beat you all 😛

#morestwthanyou

Harry_the_Spider

My wallet is made out of the softly tanned hide of a unicorn, and stitched together with the pubic hairs of angels by mythical goddesses seated on clouds at the right hand of the lord himself.

Mine was made out of Panda foreskins by magical wood elves.

ourmaninthenorth

I use a Lacoste card holder similar to this.

sandwicheater

The suspense is killing me, did you ever get a sausage sandwich?

Don’t know about cool or super but i think the duct tape wallets are pretty darn neat and, can be had for very little or, home made.

ourmaninthenorth

If you want even more minimalist, and from a recently launched brand then this A L’aise might be just thing thing for the trendy type about town.

metcalt

I currently use one of these after seeing them on Kickstarter.

http://studiosilo.com/

The only issue I’ve had is my bank card becomming tatty on the corners and the lamination coming off. They come with a blocking card so that could be used as protection.

fasthaggis

Bellroy travel

AFAIK ..No Unicorns or Angels were harmed in its manufacture.

SaxonRider

I actually gave up my wallet entirely in favour of one of these.

Life is so much simpler now.

DrP

I too have a Bellroy…
    Notesleeve

Ruddy lovely thing, and fits the bill (pun, winner) of being very slim, but holding cards and coins (in the secret pocket flap thing)

Get that.

DrP

iainc

i bought a Jimi one a while back, used it one weekend and never since – a black one, tenner posted if anyone wants it ? (email in profile)

bitasuite
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    I actually gave up my wallet entirely in favour of one of these.

Life is so much simpler now.

Same here, except my phone’s an android so avoiding the Apple Tax only cost £3.99.

Ditched that too now though and just carry a debit card and money clip.

w0wzer
    Free Member

I use one of these, pretty small and takes a few cards/notes and unicorn friendly.

Crabby Wallet

belm
    Free Member

+1 for Secrid

miketually
    Free Member

I used a Jimi for years. Recently switched to a Beer Babe 2-slot wallet.

I have a Velo Culture inner tube pencil case, which is lovely, so their wallets would probably be worth a shot.

midlifecrashes

Come on STW, Shirley:

Sophisticated, sporty and elegant – this men’s wallet featuring the Audi rings is made from coarse grained cowhide leather and is impressive across the board. The Audi wallet has two large note compartments, a pocket for coins, a deep compartment and a flap featuring eight pockets. There is also a practical compartment for important documents. Made in Germany.

Material:100% cowhide
    Dimensions: 12.5 x 10.3 x 1.2 cm
    £88

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m waiting for the HebWallyCo kickstarter finest moleskin best wallet ever to be launched.

40mpg

djambo
    Free Member

I’ve been using an Elephant Wallet E8 for about a year now and love it. Notes are stored in the middle, sandwiched between bank cards on one side and loyalty cards on the other.

To fit the notes need to be folded in quarters which can be a phaff if you use notes lots but my spending is minimal and I try to use my cards whenever possible.

The best thing about these minimal wallets is you don’t end up hoarding useless receipts for months on end

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I just use a cheapo leather card wallet off Amazon.

5 years and going strong.

miketually
    Free Member

To fit the notes need to be folded in quarters which can be a phaff

Thirds for the Jimi wallet. The middle of the II in the EIIR is 1/3 of the way along a note 🙂

binners

Pfft! In my unicorn-hide wallet, the pocket for the notes is so intricately and exquisitely constructed, the notes can only be placed in once you’ve done this with them….

maxray
    Free Member

I got a Basics Wallet on kickstart and have been really pleased with it. http://www.basicsproducts.com/pages/wallet

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7UewnavKOo[/video]

ahwiles
    Free Member

years ago, i won a jimi wallet at a singlespeed event. My first reaction was to dismiss it as plastic-crap. But i gave it a go, and it more or less re-shaped my life in a thousand better ways.

Eventually it cracked, and instead of fixing it with gaffa tape like god intended, i immediately bought a new one.

Then, a family member bought me a lovely leather wallet, so that i didn’t have to ‘struggle on with that plastic thing’.

i don’t want to hurt his feelings, so i’m using the enormo-wallet, and carrying around loads of crap i don’t need.

this thread has reminded me that there are better ways of doing things…

fasthaggis

The Binners wallet of distinction

sam_underhill

http://dashwallets.com/shop/dash-40-pre-order

Got one of these from the kickstarter campaign. Perfect little wallet.

iainc

iainc – Member
    i bought a Jimi one a while back, used it one weekend and never since – a black one, tenner posted if anyone wants it ? (email in profile)

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

gone now..

windydave13
    Free Member

Quite like my hand made one

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CZnYtZ]Wallet[/url] by Dave Aspinall, on Flickr

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Cuben fiber coin purse. Ebay

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In the spirit of the thread, and tag, this is my current wallet;

Other sizes, skins and colours are available. Rather lovely, though.

pitduck
    Free Member

wow 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a super cool minimalist wallet’ is closed to new replies.