Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a …. sports tracker
  • richc
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a sports tracker, as part of my feeble attempt to get fit and there are shitloads out there some good, some not so good.

Ideally, I want something that:

Running: GPS to track route, interval timer (3 minutes beep, 1 minute beep, repeat) stopwatch, log speed over different sections, Backlit for nightruns

Swimming: watch proof, track speed and number of lengths.

What do other people on here use for this? And more importantly what would you recommend.

richc
    Free Member

Anyone?

CraigW
    Free Member

There’s not many watches suitable for both running and swimming, unless you go for the expensive/bulky triathlon models. Might be better getting 2 separate watches.

For running, I’d recommend the Forerunner 220. It will do all that you want.

richc
    Free Member

I was looking at the Garmin’s have you seen the Vivoactive? As I not sure if its worth the cash over the forerunner. It is supposed to do swimming as well and I’m interested in tracking progress (or when I’m slacking) with swimming as well as running if possible.

mogrim

Suunto Ambit 2S, you might be able to get one cheap(ish!) as the 3 has come out. For example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suunto-Ambit2-S-Watch-Multi-Colour-x/dp/B00CM0RIT2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1442850813&sr=8-6&keywords=suunto+ambit+2

Edit: should say I use it for running and (very occasionally) swimming, works well. It does work for cycling but the screens a bit small to read when you’re off road.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve tried a vivoactive – seemed quite good, although the screen is quite dim indoors, despite a backlight. I did send it back however, but only because it only records data at (I believe) 4 to 7 second intervals, and for me doing a bike ride with lots of stops (the joys of geocaching!) I found that it was quite short on the distance because it didn’t start recording as soon as I started off again. If it did 1 second data recording like the better Garmins, I would have loved it.

jonwe
    Free Member

I’m using a tom tom multi sport watch. Excellent value now at around £100. Waterproof, gps and doesn’t need a strap to measure heart rate.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have a forerunner 305 which is good for distance etc but its huge. and a vivoactive for everyday. Like the vivoactive, seems pretty accurate including step count ( at least in comparing days i know i walked a bit in conparison to days i didnt)

Both fully waterproof so can do swimming but indoors the 305 doesnt work as gps only…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a …. sports tracker’ is closed to new replies.