Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me a sotftshell(?)
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Im after a new softshell jacket type thing. Something similar to one of those Arcteryx Epsilon hooded tops

Any recommendations for £100 or preferably less

ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

Friend has a Charge Surface hoodie, looks good, I am about to get one. £60, maybe a bit heavier.

binners

I love softshells. Got two cycling ones which are both acceptable for wearing down the pub too

For lighter duties, a Sombrio misfit

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Sombrio_Misfit_Waterproof_Cycling_Jacket/5360043287/

And for when its really cold:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Race_Face_Hoodlum_Windproof_Jacket_2009/5360045616/

And if your size is there then you’ll get it considerably cheaper than i just paid for mine less than a month ag. GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Zedsdead
    Free Member

wayhey!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Are they water proof to any extent?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I bought a softshell from Decathlon back in August. Wasn’t expensive, would certainly be cheaper than the Arcteryx, depends on whether you feel the name gives you better quality?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not too bothered about the name, although I imagine I would end up paying over the odds for something mtb branded like a race face or the sombrio posted above?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll be flogging a Hoodlum shortly, I don’t really like it though!

IME they are a bit waterproof, OK in a shower.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Those surface ones, are they waterproof to any extent? Thats what Im after, something with a bit of waterproofability. Dont just want a hooded top

cynic-al
    Free Member

I checked my mate’s out, seemed to be made out of the right type of material.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks for the wreckommendation. I’ll have to take a permanent marker to that logo though.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

the sombrio above is being sold new on ebay @£55 sizes large and XL

binners

They’re surprisingly waterproof. They get a bit damp in a deluge. The rub is that they’re infinitely more comfortable to wear than traditional waterproofs

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

the sombrio above is being sold new on ebay @£55 sizes large and XL

I’m a medium I think. Large is just too baggy on the chest, would be perfect though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can have my medium black for way less!

jam-bo

Im after a new softshell jacket type thing. Something similar to one of those Arcteryx Epsilon hooded tops

Id recommend that one. Best jacket I’ve ever had. Zip got a bit sticky after two years and they gave me a new one.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

those sombrio ones are on the large side, sizing-wise. but yeah, they’re good. i had one a while ago; only got rid because i lost weight and it was mahoooosive! got one of those surface ones now (the brown one) and it’s really nice. pretty warm, and it’ll keep you reasonably dry in all but a downpour too.
    i also have a marmot tempo softshell, which is my favourite non (fully) waterproof jacket i’ve ever owned. got it in a sale in cotswold outdoor for about 35 quid; utter bargain.
    i love softshells too.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

either this
    crab

or the one from Decathlon, got one last month, not taken it off since

minzo
    Free Member

I like the Gore Bike Wear camo softshell, anyone got any experience of one?

Xylene
    Free Member

Is it going to make me look like this if I wear one?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a sotftshell(?)’ is closed to new replies.