Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a some shed paint (yawn)
  • bearGrease

Hi, just having a new summer house put up and wondered which “shed paint” has the STW seal of approval? Of course I want to make sure I’m on trend with my paint but also would like the new summer house to last! We’re after an opaque finish, probably white or off-white and the shed summer house is untreated. Let me know what’s good!

I’m crap at DIY so how many coats? Primer? Undercoat?

Guess what I’ll be doing this double bank holiday?

TIA

cloudnine
    Free Member

Knotting sealant stuff on the knots and take your pick of the colours from cuprinol garden shades paint range

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Johnsons/leyland mixed me some, it was a copy of a Farrow & Ball colour (to match a half tin I was given and painted window boxes and stuff in) but they can copy any paint, my shed was previously coated in woodstain (this time last year) two coats of the new stuff and it looks smart.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bought the kids a summer playhouse thing that needed painting, they didnt want it boring brown so I looked at the better makes and my wallet twitched violently! Checked out the wilko range, they paint on fine and have lasted well over a year so far! One colour was white btw

TiRed

Cuprinol natural stone. Two coats. It’s runny stuff so put down something to catch the drips.

Looks great with our new shed roofing felt.

falkirk-mark

I use decking oil as opposed to paint as the paint can look tatty in places whereas the oil soaks into the wood and evenly loses its looks/ properties.

dewydd
    Free Member

If you’re looking for a white opaque system try either Sadolin Superdec or Butinox no.3. Not cheap but both good systems with decent lifespan.
    Two coats of either – bare timber may need to be primed first

joeegg
    Free Member

We got a new summerhouse a few weeks ago and gave it a couple of coats of Ronseal.Did the decking as well and the garden fencing.
    Three days later it rained.The Ronseal rinsed off the summerhouse completely.I do mean completely.Not a trace it had ever been done.
    We’ve sent a sample to Ronseal to be tested.
    Next door neighbour uses Sikkens,very expensive and i'[m not sure if they do it in colours.

m1kea
    Free Member

Cuprinol Garden Shades are good if not rather expensive. – I spent about a ton on paint spraying my new shed in March.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a some shed paint (yawn)’ is closed to new replies.