Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a softshell with zip off arms or very compact
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Looking for a softshell that is wind/water resistant for winter commuting but breathability is most important. I like the idea of zip off arms or if people have experience of compact models where its easy to shuffle up the sleeves no the go I’d be interested to hear views. So far options seem to be

Endura Convert softshell
    Gore Bike Wear Alp-X 2.0 Windstopper Soft Shell Zip-off Jacket
    dhb Switch Convertible Softshell Jacket/Gilet

Currently thinking the convert is the best option as I can get this at trade price as well.

Would consider other non zip-off options but they would have to then be able to fit in a back pocket

slackman99
    Free Member

Convert (in yellow) is currently £46 at CRC so a pretty good price. Sizing is on the small side though.

kcal

Endura ones are pretty good – think its Convert I have – £46 is very good price though, there are different thicknesses maybe. It’s almost waterproof. Maybe its a Convert II..

jobro
    Free Member

The Gore Alp-X is almost certainly the best bit of cycling clothing I have ever owned.

Had real trouble justifying the cost on purchase (bought in Jan sales) but this is an incredible bit of kit. Very lightweight, but does exactly what you want it too. Zip off arms adds to its versatility

You pays your money………

frogstomp

Absolutely loved my Alp-X until the zip started to come away on one of the arms (albeit after a couple of years) and Evans couldn’t get me a replacement one.. 🙁

Anyone able to compare the Alp-X to a Castelli Gabba?

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Thanks all, the price on the endura was too tempting to miss and seems to get descent reviews

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a softshell with zip off arms or very compact’ is closed to new replies.