• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Robz.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a smart turbo
  • rob2
    Free Member

As title really. Looking in the £300 to £400 price bracket. Seen elite rampa, tacx flow or tacx vortex. Any experiences? Any others I should look at?

It will be for connecting to a Mac and zwift or similar. Need to get fit really and children, work, living in the wet south west makes rides a bit hit and miss in the winter

whattiler
    Free Member

I bought a Tacx Flow smart from Halfords, £220 at the moment so £198 with BC discount. Used it a few times with PC and Sufferfest app and it seems ok. Power and cadence readings have a slight delay but that may be the same for all smart turbos. Not really a problem except when doing 15 second intervals.

Flaperon

Tacx Vortex works well for me.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

TACX Vortex for me

tiim
    Free Member

+1 of the Tacx Flow 2240 from Halfords.
    I have done 45 hours on mine since February and am happpy, yes the short intervals struggle a bit in erg mode (i.e. driven by TR or similar) but for anything over that it is fine and for anything in non erg mode it’s fine (i.e. using gears to do resistance)

fossy

+1 with the Tacx 2240 via Halfords. Cheapest Smart trainer, and keep an eye on sales as I picked mine up with 20% off and 10% extra BC discount.

rob2
    Free Member

Is there any difference between the flow and the vortex? Only bit I can see is the vortex can do steeper gradients?

jam-bo

Not seen a vortex but the flow smart is definitely built to a budget.

stanfree
    Free Member

I bought NZcol’s tacx 2240 and its superb for the money . Seems really stable and Im 13 1/2 stone.

Robz
    Free Member

I have a Wahoo Kickr Snap that I got for £449 with loyalty discount from Sigma Sport.

I am really happy with it. I went for the snap because of its really heavy flywheel which I think gives it excellent feel whilst riding.

It’s rock solid too which is good given my 90kg mass.

Thoroughly recommend.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a smart turbo’ is closed to new replies.