Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a sleeping bag
  • summittoppler
    Free Member

Something warm, cheapish but packs down small enough for a spot of bike bivvying/camping as in carried on the bike.
    cheers folks 😉

40mpg

Alpkit SH800. Used mine last weekend in -8 degrees, in an alpkit bivvy bag, for a bivvybike excursion. I’m still alive, and didnt get cold.

2012-02-11_08-08-24_335 by Newforce Photos, on Flickr

£140, 1400g. You won’t find much better for the money.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have a three season bag from Mountain Hardware, cost about 80 quid, it was a million times better than the 40 quid bag it replaced so IMO worth every penny. You’d need a bivvy bag too if you have no tent.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Marmot Wave series. they do a 3 season and a 4 season. Both are great!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@40mpg – you are bonkers !

thomthumb
    Free Member

thats me on the right of 40mpg. in an alpkit sh600.

was wearing baselyer top & bottom, buff & a down coat. and was nice and warm.

bag is brilliant for uk camping – i normally only wear shorts on all but the coldest night.

40mpg

Cold is better than wet any day. Just put more clothes on. TBH if its less than 5 degrees, it doesn’t make much difference how much less, as long as you’re out of the wind.

It was a fantastic ride home after!

P2111240 by Newforce Photos, on Flickr

My kit was:
    Alpkit SH800 bag
    Alpkit Hunka bivvy bag
    Alpkit Airo mat
    Alpkit titanium folding spork (had to have one of those!)
    Little gas stove from Go Outdoors and a bag of their all-day breakfast.
    Spare set of cycling kit to change into for sleeping / day 2 (although I didn’t use most of it as funnily enough I didnt actually get sweaty)

All fits in a medium size rucksack with the sleeping bag on a cheap plastic rack which clamps on the seat tube (which I pinched off my daughters bike).

Stoner
    Free Member

another vote for SH600 from Alpkit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a sleeping bag’ is closed to new replies.