Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a sleeping bag………..
  • …..for around 50 notes.

It will be for use in a caravan when heating will not be on at night, but would like to be able to unzip to make a duvet, if decent ones with zips exist.

Ta.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Where. And when? Sorry but obviously criteria!

Eidt – not being cheeky. But You’ve missed the main critetia. And colour – if married.

montylikesbeer

csw – nowhere extreme, as in uk excluding Highlands.

monty – hmm, good call, but, excusing the gopping colour (which is irrelevant really), not sure about the ‘mummy’ shape – looks a bit restricted round the feet.

montylikesbeer

it makes sense and top value

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

My only advice is go one season above what the manufactuers say. My missus and I had several cozy nights at -5 at 4000m in the himalyas but had a miserable night in the trossachs in a Vango 3 season thingy.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Vaude were one of the few companies I could find that made a quality ‘rectangle’ bag with full zip. GF has a Navajo 900 … recall I got it through outdoorsgb, had to wait for it to come from Germany though.

k-sugden
    Free Member

If you are only going to use it in a caravan I would forget the sleeping bag and get a mid weight duvet cheaper and far more comfortable

RichJJ
    Free Member

4 Season sleeping bags were reduced from £70 to £35 in Millets a week or 2 ago, my son bought one for his scouts camping trip this weekend. As above, most decent sleeping bags do tend to come as ‘mummy bags’ which aids the retention of warmth. As k-sugden says, if you are in a caravan I too would ditch the sleeping bag idea and go for a decent duvet, we have a static and if we are there in really cold weather also use an ‘all night’ electric blanket.

thejesmonddingo

+1 for the quilt,it gives you more room to move and is far more comfortable,only use a bag when Polarising,or lightweight trekking.
    Ian

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a sleeping bag………..’ is closed to new replies.