• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a show and a restaurant in that London
  • davosaurusrex

I want to take the lovely wife to a show in London for her birthday in a couple of months, somewhere near Victoria would be handy as we’ll be getting the train from the South coast although I suppose that doesn’t matter too much with the tube. Would also like to go for a meal nearby the theatre, decent but not ridiculously expensive. I have no idea what’s good, will do some Googling but some personal recommendations would be good please. Guess I might have left it a bit late for tickets for the popular ones?

theotherjonv

Warhorse

davosaurusrex

Warhorse sounds awesome but looks like I’m too late for Saturday tickets

leftyboy
    Free Member

Was going to say Warhorse and to eat Wahaca, we did taht combo in August and it was fantastic, my other favourite show (very old) is Phantom of the Opera HTH

johndoh
    Free Member

If you haven’t done a show before, I’d go for one of the classics (I have no idea what is currently on) such as Phantom or Les Mis. I’d avoid Cats like, well, Cat Aids. The Lion King is good for a newer one. I didn’t enjoy Billy Elliot that much.

If you like funny, Spamalot is good, so is The Reduced Shakespeare Company (but that is a *much* smaller production). I didn’t enjoy We Will Rock You or Grease that much.

craigxxl
    Free Member

War Horse is a fantastic show. There is nearly always tickets available at the box office if you go the theatre first and cheaper too. The ticket offices around Leicester Square will also have some but charge you a markup on them.
    If you like your steak then you must try the Hawksmoor and their restaurant at Seven Dials is nearby.

Sunny Afternoon gets some good reviews but I’ve not seen it.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

We loved the Book of Mormon – might be a bit late for tickets for that though.

The Commitments was great, can recommend that if it’s still on.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

daily shows

http://www.metropolisstripclub.com

followed by kebab of your choice …

DezB
    Free Member

This is what I’d go n see
    http://www.theplaythatgoeswrong.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a show and a restaurant in that London’ is closed to new replies.