Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a shop to hire bikes in Zell Am Zee/Kaprun Austria
  • UnmixedMaster

Heading to Zell Am Zee in August for a week as part of a holiday around Austria/Germany. Planning on getting as much riding in as possible there.

Has anyone been, need a recommendation for somewhere that I can hire a decent all mountain bike and where they won’t mind switching brakes round.

Also any other riding or non riding tips on the area in general would be appreciated.

Thanks

martinhutch

* bookmarks thread…

We’re off there at the end of August – is there decent riding thereabouts?

alpin
    Free Member

try hitting “fahrradverlieh, zell am see/kaprun” into google.

http://www.bruendl.at/en

most of ze peepel kan speek englisch, too. you shuvd try tzo fon zem.

Saalabch is just a short bus ride away and there is more than enough to keep you entertained for a day or two. lots of hire places, too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

We’re off there at the end of August – is there decent riding thereabouts?

There’s loads in the area.
    Granted, I’ve not been for a long time, infact, the last time Diz was still running Over The Edge..
    But yeah, the riding is fantastic!

colp

Big Time Bikes at Maishofen might do hire.
    Failing that, Bike & Soul at Saalbach Hinterglemm definitely do.
    There is a small bike shop in Kaprun but never checked it out.

colp

Take your speedos, it’s nice swimming in the lake and the lido there is ok too. Check out if the Red Bull airshow is on over the lake when you are there.
    Krimml falls is well worth a visit.
    Gross Glockner ok but can be busy.
    Up the road towards Lofer are some lovely gorge walks (Klamms) and a cave, you can do them all on one ticket.
    Hallstatt is about 1.5 hours away and beautiful.
    There’s a great new restaurant in Leogang, Mama Thersl or something, right by the Asiztbahn lift (bike park).
    For all mountain type riding, park at Schattberg Express gondola in Saalbach, get lift to top and do Hackelberg trail to Hinterglemm, then do Z-line there, then Blue Line, roll back to Saalbach and do Milka Line.
    Leogang is great but more DH.

I’ll be there all Summer (15 mins up road in Maria Alm).

UnmixedMaster

Brilliant thanks all for the tip. Looking forward to it more than ever now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a shop to hire bikes in Zell Am Zee/Kaprun Austria’ is closed to new replies.