Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a shock pump
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

The Fox shock pump I use currently has a dial that goes up to 300 with a tiny space between useful fork air pressures i.e. it’s difficult to judge changes of 5psi between 55 – 60 etc. I’d like an easier to read version, either a digital display or possibly a pump designed for the lower pressures that forks use. So any recommendations?

Tracey

Not cheap but the Syncros SP 1.0 is good.

tmb467
    Free Member

Just work off the sag – pressure will change as temperatures vary but if you get your sag right then you don’t need an accurate pressure

Different shock pumps can also vary in reported pressures – even digital ones.

Tho just to add – I use a Topeak DXG one that was about £28 and it seems ok. Doesn’t have a lot of separation between the 10psi markings tho

benpinnick
    Stevet1
    Free Member

Just work off the sag – pressure will change as temperatures vary but if you get your sag right then you don’t need an accurate pressure

You’re right, but it’s not always easy to get an accurate sag reading. What I’d like is to be able to set the pressure to what I think it should be and then accurately adjust depending on sag by doing minor changes in the pressure. On my current shock pump, it’s hard to tell if you’ve added in 2psi, 5psi or even put less in etc! so it’s a bit trial and error.
    Thanks for the recommendations, so far cheapest one is currently winning…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a shock pump’ is closed to new replies.