Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a Shed Security Camera
  • Mascy
    Free Member

Shed is secure(ish), just want an IR camera I can use to monitor my prized possessions. Anyone recommend something which if I am unfortunate to get broken into, might at least give the police a good chance of catching the scumbags so they don’t do the same to someone else.

Thanks all

TooTall
    Free Member

Alarm would probably be more use – at least that should drive them off before they get a chance to nick your stuff. Better than having some pish-poor black and white footage of them having your stuff away. Do you think IR gives you enough detail to identify a scrote with a hoody on?

Mascy
    Free Member

It certainly seemed to on another forum. The guy made his kit himself though.

geebus
    Free Member

I think a wireless alarm is the best start – of course you may not be in – though you do also get ones that use a sim card and can contact you directly too.

It’s pretty common for such people to be hooded up etc, so don’t expect that much from a camera. A security light along with a camera will mean you get a better quality picture.

Consider an IP camera – either line powered or wifi; these can then send an email if they are triggered. Usually can also connect them up to an alarm system too.

totalshell

you want to watch people nicking your stuff… much better to stop them inching it in the first place.
    our garage isnt just locked securely we bolt the doors closed .. sure its a real faff getting in but i look at how long it took me to work to get the money together to buy the stuff so 5 minutes is a small time cost with regard to that i’ve invested.
    these boys have all the gear.. http://www.securityfasteners.net/

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I go with the opinion of not altering the appearance of the outside of a shed. If you do alter the outside in any way it just shows you have some thing valuable inside. Security lights, definitely not, why would you want to make it easier so they can see what they’re doing?

geebus
    Free Member

From my experience so far (which recently has been far too much experience 🙁 ), they prefer to work in the dark.
    Also, it makes CCTV much more effective if you do want to use it for identifying people.

awh
    Free Member

Consider an IP camera – either line powered or wifi; these can then send an email if they are triggered. Usually can also connect them up to an alarm system too

A friend has this set up. He gets mostly pictures of cats and pigeons but he also captured the guy that broke in nextdoor having a look around in the light before he came back later. Every few months he’ll get a picture of kids climbing into his garden for a look around during the day. Even if they don’t nick anything that time a record of who is checking out the houses is useful for the Police if something does.

project
    Free Member

Have a look at http://WWW.CPC.CO.UK, lots of cameras and stuff, and if youre near Preston they have a showroom for you play, with various models, they also have excellent delivery speed as well.

As for the camera, fit a covert one as well, because as soon as they see the camera they will disable it, and have the recorder somewhere hidden away,and dont forge they record sound.

Finally dont tell your matesabout the covert one, just in case, but as above be aware they do pick up conversations some you may not want to hear.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Shed Security Camera’ is closed to new replies.