Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a set of forks for my Chameleon (please)
  • druff
    Free Member

Hi there,

A while back I repurposed all of the components from my Santa Cruz Chameleon for my full susser. That’s meant that the Chameleon frame has sat in a corner unloved. It’s time for me to change that. I used to run a set of Fox 36 with 160mm of travel on it – it was setup as a hardcore hardtail I suppose.

I’ve been toying with the idea of putting a set of Talas 32s (120 – 150mm) on it as I’d like to reproduce the setup I used to have but with a little more ability to climb on the bike too.

I wondered if there was anything that I was missing though by plumping for the Talas. I’d be willing to drop the amount of travel for a better all round fork. Do any of you have suggestions for forks otherwise?

Thanks, Dan.

druff
    Free Member

Please?

jairaj

Note the 32 chassis is a lot more flexible than the 36.

Rock Shox Pike or Rev (depending on how hardcore you want to go) both available with dual position too so you can drop the front end if required.

Marz 55, I’ve not tried their travel adjust version but the fixed travel RC3 Ti is wonderful.

X-Fusion Vengeance or Slant – not tried one but many good reviews from the press and people here.

BOS Devile – expensive but highly adjustable.

wl
    Free Member

General consensus has always been that Talas are more problematic and poorer performers than none Talas Fox models. My 20mm axle 150mm Revelations are proving superb. Posh version – Black Box blah blah. Shop around – there are good deals to be had, I think.

55 RC3s are indeed ace – will add weight but slacken head angle.

chakaping
    Free Member

You need to track down a Marz 44 rc3 ti

140mm or 150mm depending on year of manufacture.

I loved my old RS Rev Team (with blackbox damping) but this is in another class for grip and composure.

druff
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Had read some dodgy reports of the 32s but thought that it might have been exaggeration. Interesting to hear the same concerns expressed again. I like the sound of the Marz 44, a cursory search would suggest that they’re as rare as dodo poo though. Wanted ad coming to a classifieds board near you soon 😉

jairaj

Yep Marz 44 RC3 Ti will be very rare, I was tempted to buy one a while back but luckily for my wallet I couldn’t find one 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a set of forks for my Chameleon (please)’ is closed to new replies.