Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Recommend me a series to watch
  • toby1

Weeds is probably my favourite TV show after the Wire.

It’s just excellent.

Also love 24, SOA, Walking Dead, House, Mad Men and many many others.

Going back to the OP – please don’t waste your time with Lost I did and I don’t feel like I’ll ever ever forgive JJ Abrams for that – or that tool Tim Kring and his Heros/Touch tripe.

_tom_
    Free Member

Weeds was good until they had to move away from the original neighborhood, then it got shite.

Cougar

First season of Heroes was great. They’d very obviously not planned any further than that, though.

peterfile
    Free Member

Red Shoe Diaries

scaled
    Free Member

+1 for the west wing, i think we’re on our 3rd run through the box set now.

duffmiver
    Free Member

if all else fails it’ll have to be Lost or Prison Break

why not just watch lost?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

First season of Heroes was great. They’d very obviously not planned any further than that, though

Agreed, Sylar was a great character, it went downhill bigtime after the first series with all the floppy haired floaty idiots and just pretty naff story.

The first few series of Lost are some of the best TV I’ve seen, the ending was a let down but I’d probably watch it again.

klumpy
    Free Member

Game of Thrones
    Walking Dead
    Spartacus
    My name is Earl. (Hey, Crabman.)

2bit

These are the 4 me & Mrs Bit keep coming back to –

West Wing – witty, clever & some of the best writing on TV (or film for that matter)

30 Rock – very funny with some crazy characters & moments

The Wire – gritty crime at its ‘its 3am, I’m up in 3 hours but I need to watch just one more…’ best

Arrested Development – dysfunctional family fun – very funny & clever

If you’re an Aaron Sorkin fan I’d also reccomend Studio 60

Cougar

Speaking of which,

If you liked the pre-twaddle Lost and Heroes, I can heartily recommend The Lost Room. It’s a mini-series (three or six episodes depending how you define ‘episode’) so not a huge investment, and it’s ace.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone mentioned OZ yet?
    I miss that series 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone mentioned OZ yet?

OP did. Now make a mistake like that again, and I will shiv you and blame it on the Aryans.

DezB
    Free Member

I just noticed. Teach me to only read page 3 😳

Er, what about True Blood ?

There was an Australian series in the 90s called Blue Murder. Never heard that mentioned! I have it on video, maybe I’ll DVD it one day.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I remember watching that Cougar and thinking it was really good, but can remember practically nothing about it, Nate from 6FU wasn’t it?

Another one I enjoyed is American Horror Story.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Damages worth a watch too…

kimbers

DezB – Member
    Anyone mentioned OZ yet?

as above read the OP

for punishment you will be bunking with schillinger tonight

DezB
    Free Member

As well as being shivved? Blimey. I guess I deserve it for skipping to the end of a thread 😥

Northwind

I accuse Ryan O’Reilley, in the gym, with the gillette bayonet.

Cougar

I remember watching that Cougar and thinking it was really good, but can remember practically nothing about it, Nate from 6FU wasn’t it?

That’s the bunny. No-one’s ever heard of it, which is a shame, cos it was tremendous.

Cougar

I accuse Ryan O’Reilley, in the gym, with the gillette bayonet.

No no. It was was a Wilkinson sword.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Band Of Brothers
    The Pacific

for a typically American, but historically accurate (for a change) telling of WWII (NW Europe/Pacific theatres respectively) from the soldiers’ point of view. Like Saving Private Ryan, but much much longer. And BOB has David Schwimmer playing a complete tool, for a change 😉

or if you want something a bit more light-hearted and somehow not quite good:
    Grimm
    Lost Girl

but please god, stay away from MTV right now. Geordie Shore is on in the other room, which is why I’m still on here at gone 10pm.

CountZero

or if you want something a bit more light-hearted and somehow not quite good:
    Grimm
    Lost Girl

Been watching both, and enjoying both, in particular Lost Girl. While there are any number of things to enjoy about LG, not least the subtle relationship sub-text between various characters, I’m particularly taken with this lovely young lady:

Cougar

Lost Girl is a guilty pleasure of mine.

It’s formulaic cheese. But it’s massively enjoyable formulaic cheese.

john_drummer
    Free Member

indeed, cheese it most definitely is. but Kenzie, mmm…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Comic Con trailer for The Walking Dead season 3 looks a bit tasty.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a series to watch’ is closed to new replies.