Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Recommend me a Seiko Diver? With your pics.
  • mrkstvnz
    Free Member

As above, but must be around £300. I’m quite liking the Seiko Stargate white dial SKZ323J1,and the black dial one SKZ327J1 Would love a sumo but to pricey for me. Also looking at the solar chrono diver SSC021P1. Anyone got any pics of their divers, and also any recommendations of where to buy etc.Ta

CountZero

If you can find one, a SPORK, or SP045RK, IIRC.
    Im on my work computer at the mo’, I’ll post a pic up, although there is already a photo on another current watch thread.
    A really lovely, solid, uncomplicated, mechanical auto, keeps excellent time, and has an outstandingly clear dial with lots of really bright lume.
    No longer made, but they’re around on watch forum classifieds and fleabay. Mine was NOS from a dealer in the midlands, full warranty and all, cost me £350.

CountZero
    mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Pic will be cool Count. I have seen these but thought as they are not made anymore it would be to expensive. That’s not a bad price for the spork . I’m sure I’ve seen them for more which put me off a little. Thanks. Size wise is it a 44mm? EDIT will look at link ,thanks.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Don’t know why my post deleted? Anyhow will have a look at your Spork on other thread . Cheers Count. Also is it 44mm? Posts not deleted just my stupid ipad, soz

craigxxl
    Free Member

Seiko Sumo SDBC001 or 003. Might be just above your price new unless you import it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys3KUBpJNMo[/video]

craigxxl
    Free Member

Deeper pockets look for a Grey Ghost, titanium with kinetic movement.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

On a budget really. Anywhere in the uk that sales that Sumo Craig? Just had a quick google and fleabay came up. I would go secondhand but then it’s a bit of a minefield.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

£369. Creation watches. Now that’s not bad, although a little over my budget. Anyone got a seiko diver they want to sale?

craigxxl
    Free Member

It’s a Japanese market watch which isn’t supposed to be sold in the UK hence the import. You can always get a Seiko you like and have it modified i.e. different face, hands strap or case colour by Yobokies to have watch unique to yourself.
    My everyday watch is a Yobokies Seiko 5 Military with black PVD case, see through rear, larger hands and black face with no Seiko name. It’s pretty unique to me which makes it special even if it isn’t expensive.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Thanks Craig. Looking up yobokies now. I think to get a watch modded would be cool. Actually never even crossed my mind.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Just ordered a massive kenetic from Creation as a daily beater, it’s on it way already after an order last night. Quite like the idea of shock resistance, no servicing or battery changes so I went for that over an automatic. They seem a good supplier of interesting Seikos.

Cheap as chips too.

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-divers-kinetic-91/seiko-kinetic-dive-ska427p2-ska427p-ska427-200m-mens-watch-1946.html

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Thanks jools. How much did you pay for shipping? I’ve been on their site but haven’t looked up that cost yet? Edit Free Shipping in big green writing? Nice watch.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Remember that you’ll have import duties pay on the watch from Creation before you order.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Joolsburger, nice choice.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m told it’s a bit hit and miss on the import charges and you might get away with it but I’ve budgeted a bit in case I take a hit.

J

GTDave
    Free Member

Quite fancy this one as a daily beater:

Or one of their Solar models:

CountZero

Here’s the photo of my Seiko, I’m not sure how watches are measured, if it’s across the case, or includes the winder as well, so it’s either 44mm, or 48mm.

Strap not original, it’s an eBay stainless ‘sharkskin’ mesh, cost me around $18, and it’s really comfy, because it really breathes well, and it’s very flexible.

Lester
    Free Member

ive got a seiko “pepsi” perpetual automatic type last years
    i couldnt recommend this watch with the stock bracelet, the top link on both sides is is kind of pivoted on, and if you snag it which is likely it bends really easily and you will NEVER get it to go back properly, its a totally crap design. i like the shark mesh one though. in fact i rarely wear the watch now just in case i snag the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-Stainless-Chronograph-Resistant-SSC017P1/dp/B006Y9BUZA/ref=sr_1_6?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1394132468&sr=1-6&keywords=seiko

somafunk

Ypbokies do some very nice mods, i bought this one from Harold (yobokies/seikoboy) early last year and it’s been faultless in use, keeps very good time as well which being a watch is rather handy 😉

From memory i think it was around the £200 mark once i factored in customs/charges.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I’ve used Creation twice, excellent service and good pricing.

I got the 5, code SNZF17J1, which is the Japanese made one. I also have the black/grey nato strap on it as pictured above.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Thanks peeps. Just out of curiosity somafunk, does Harry@ yobokies sell complete watches? That’s a nice clean watch. Model number and mods done please somafunk?I’ve had a tinker on tinternet and have got his email. But how do you know what he’s got? Also that’s so nice count. Me jealous .

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Can anyone enlighten me on import duty costs please? Some people have and haven’t paid. So how does it work?

somafunk

Yeah he does, I sent him an email saying i liked the seiko 116610 Mod on his photo bucket site and asked for info regarding price/payment details/availability etc and within 15 minutes i had a reply, 15 mins later i had bought it and less than 10 days later it was on my wrist.

I dunno exactly what mods are done apart from the face/bezel etc but i’m not fussed as i bought it on the nice and plain/simple look of the watch face as compared to other shop-spec Seiko’s i had been looking at

The watch has a glass back, through which you can see the 23 jewel 7S36B automatic winding movement that i’ve just realised moves in a circular motion when i shake it, kinda obvious really but i’ve never once looked at the back of it 😀 .

I think my import fees/tax etc were approx £30ish and payable to the carrier upon delivery.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Sweet, pics of the clear back would be cool. Seems a a bargain @£200. Nice to see the guts. A mod I would certainly have. Import duty @ £30 notes ain’t to bad at all. Thanks.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I ordered an Orient from Creation watches and didn’t pay import duties, ordered a different Orient from Long Island Watches and got stung.

Creation do a lot of weekly sales etc so worth taking your time.

somafunk

As above import duty/taxes were £30ish, can’t remember the exact costs.

I dunno if the glass back was part of the mod or if it’s standard but it’s pretty cool as you can see the counter weight, springs and wheels spinning away.

Dodgy iPhone pic below,

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Nice soma thanks. I think originally it would of had a solid case back. But nice to know he does do clear backs as something I would want also. I’ve just pinged him an email and will go from there. Thanks everyone appreciated. Thanks ivandobski. Orients look nice also. Must stick with a seiko or I’m gonna scramble my brain. Ta

loddrik
    Free Member

Gotta be a Tuna or MM300/600. Way out of budget though. Had a number of Tuna’s and an MM300. Tunas are cracking watches but the MM300 was just stunning.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Loddrik,money to burn, have you got any pics to drool over? Edit NOT enough money to burn. 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

I’d say go vintage… Here’s my 6105 8000 (personal fave) and 6306 7001 together, and my 6105 8110 below:

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Those hands are beauty’s especially that second hand. Price wise what did you pay Markie. I will prob go new but they look soooo nice.

Markie
    Free Member

I got them all from the Seiko Citizen Trading Post at http://www.thewatchsite.com/8-seiko-citizen-trading-post/ a few years ago now.

I got each of mine for between US$200 and US$300 but didn’t check prices before I posted the above – it seems the 6105s (with the stoplight second hands) at least have gone up in the meantime 🙁

Seiko divers of every time period come up on the site, so it may be worth a browse if you like something which new is a bit out of your price range.

Like here, I’d say look to buy from people who post on the chat forum…

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Thanks,and thanks for the link. Ta.

somafunk

A really nice Seiko Spork here for £390, out of your budget by £100 though. If i had the spare cash i’d be tempted to offer him £350.

A Yobokies modded SKX009 for £130 here, now that i could afford….hmm?.

CountZero

Also that’s so nice count. Me jealous .

😀
    Thank you, I love it to bits, it’s great to wear, I love the way it looks, and I bought it around about my birthday a couple of years ago, with money my late mum left me, so it’s very special to me; I would never part with it anyway, it’s the perfect watch for me, and very accurate after I fiddled with the adjustment a few times, currently about forty five seconds fast from the last time it was set, which, IIRC, was when the clocks went back last year. I’m certain I’ve not touched it since.
    More luck than judgement, mind!

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Clean simple but with a presence . And I’m glad it means something more to you. I think I’m either gonna take my time choosing what I want, or save a bit more. Sorry for your loss by the way. And thanks for your help.

CountZero

Thank you, and you’re more than welcome. Choose wisely, and I’m sure you’ll get a lot of pleasure from whatever you buy.
    It’s really worth taking your time, (ha!), what you’re looking for can just suddenly turn up, like my SPORK did. I already had a Yokobies Seiko 5, but it was one of the small, military style ones, and it still wasn’t quite what I was looking for.
    Then someone on here posted a pic of a SPORK on a watch thread, and as soon as I saw it I knew that was the watch I wanted, did some searching, and just happened to find a dealer with one, NOS with warranty! Bought it right there, couldn’t risk losing it.
    Good luck! 😀

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I quite like this for £350 (£297 on Amazon)

SSC219P1

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Seiko Diver? With your pics.’ is closed to new replies.