Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • recommend me a seatpost suitable for a saddle with carbon rails
  • withersea
    Free Member

Have picked up a lovely saddle for my road bike, but now need a compatible post. Toying with a Thompson masterpiece

covbuggy
    Free Member

Zipp service course sl…

withersea
    Free Member

Zipp looks nice but can’t find any reference to it being carbon rail compatible

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Any seatpost that clamps the top and bottom of the rails is carbon compatible. I’ve got a zipp service course sl on my road bike with a carbon railed saddle and it works fine.

DanW
    Free Member

There aren’t really any seatposts that are bad for carbon railed seatposts any more. Even the posts which look like they put the rails in undesirable 4 point bending have nicely smoothed edges and wider contact points to reduce pressure compared to models from a while back. I wouldn’t be fooled in thinking you need something special just because you have carbon rails.

Main thing to avoid is a post with a sharp edge in contact with the rails but these don’t really exist any more. I am very happy with this 135g £60 seatpost with my Tune Speedneedle.

I have had a Thomson Masterpiece in the past but dented it quite quickly and it is both heavier and more expensive than the example in the link. Up to you, but personally I wouldn’t be paranoid about a “safe for carbon rails” section in the description. Just torque the post up correctly and you are good to go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a seatpost suitable for a saddle with carbon rails’ is closed to new replies.