Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a seatpost please!
  • bratty

Not the most exciting bike part, unless you snap it, but I am looking for a post. It must be 27.2, will have an extension of 32cm or so including saddle, and I would prefer 10cm of post inside the frame, so that means I reckon I need a post of at least 38cm. It will be for general xc use. I weigh about 75kg. So can you get strong light and cheap (and confey)? I am considering Easton EA70, a Twelfty, or something from Ritchey… or should I get a Thompson? I do have a 350mm USE Alien Ti, but I am nervous about using it with so much extension (and prob only 7cm in the frame).

Any ideas?

andyl
    Free Member

you could try a carbon one from Exotic.

Take your pick from anything in the 400mm range and choose if you want layback or straight.

You’ll probably just end up with a Thomson though 🙂 (that’s all I use unless it’s an uppy downy)

stevied
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with the Thompson..

gonzy
    Free Member

Blackspire Shore seatpost….these are one of the toughest seatposts around….
    available in 27.2 and 425mm long…

billytinkle
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with the Thompson.

I couldn’t get enough forward tilt with my layback elite. Found other seat posts can offer far more adjustment.

darryl1983
    Free Member

I’ve been using an OnOne Twelfty 27.2mm post for a few months now with no issues. Not sure on the length but think they do a 400mm post. I’m about 95Kg kitted. Had a 30.9mm version in my C456 before selling the frame and that was excellent too, which is why I opted for the 27.2mm version when L needed a new post.

CraigW
    Free Member

Nukeproof Warhead? Its fairly cheap, and available in 27.2mm/400mm.

MrGreedy

The Twelfty posts themselves seem strong enough, but I’ve shreared a bolt on the clamp before, resulting in a long ride home standing up. I replaced it with a Thomson (as on my other bikes) and it’s been fine. And if I did break it, spare parts are available, unlike for the On-One.

hambl90
    Free Member

I use a gusset lofty xxl on my prophet, 450mm long so plenty inserted in the frame.

honourablegeorge

stevied – Member
    Can’t go wrong with the Thompson..

Unless you count the spelling….

bratty

How comfy are the twelfties and the others? On a hardtail for 4hours or more can get jarring after a while…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a seatpost please!’ is closed to new replies.