Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a seatpost (light xc race with a bit of layback)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Has to come in 400mm and 31.6. About 20mm of layback would be good. Carbon or Ti. Preferably no more than a hundred quid. Thanks.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Any recommendations from the morning crowd…?

jwh
    Free Member

I know its not the right size, but i just got one of these
    Link to ebay seat post And its great.
    I think they do bigger / longer ones as well

Good clamp on it and so light – just hope it will last, although its not getting a hard life on an xc race bike.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks pretty good, though there’s something about a seatpost that makes me weary of buying a cheap one off ebay 😕

Having said that I had a bonded clamp come away from an Easton EC70 post a couple of years ago!

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve just got a new EC70 and it is very nice* – I’m not sure it would suit all bikes though. it’s about 220g for the 400mm 31.6 which is fairly light for a post that size.
    it doesn’t have a bonded head anymore and is more like the old EC90.

*emperor’s new clothes?

njee20
    Free Member

Good clamp on it and so light – just hope it will last, although its not getting a hard life on an xc race bike.

Not being negative or owt, but:

1) it’s shorter than the OP asked
    2) it’s not particularly light, although fantastic for the money
    3) I think seatposts on XC bikes do get quite a hard life actually, not got lots of suspension soaking up the bumps, and you spend a lot of time pedalling through stuff, rather than hovering above the saddle as one might on more of a trail bike.

Bontrager XXX Lite springs to mind, not all that light though.

If the length isn’t a deal breaker what about KCNC SC Pro Lite?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I was considering the kcnc one, though only 350mm on xcracer. May drop them a note and see if they can get a 400.

Anyone tried the syntace carbon p6 hiflex?

I’ll get the tape measure out tonight and see if I can get away with 350. Doubtful though.

oldboy
    Free Member

EDIT: Post deleted – sorry, just re-read and saw you needed 400mm!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just found some notes and have 280mm of exposed post, so would be happier with a 400mm.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The 3T Doric ones are lovely and come in 400 lengths, however they are inline.

br
    Free Member

I-Beam?

The saddle has a lot of adjustment and as a pair they are as light as you’ll get without going for WeightWeenies stuff.

I-Fly saddle and carbon post is about 370g

mrblobby
    Free Member

If I didn’t already have a saddle I’d be tempted.

Chef, I think they’ve stopped doing the Doric ones now, bit of a shame. Seems most posts though are all inline when you get to 400mm, which is a bit of a pain.

Edit: Just spotted the Richey WCS carbon one, 400mm with 25mm layback. Fairly light too. Sounds pretty good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a seatpost (light xc race with a bit of layback)’ is closed to new replies.