Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend Me a Seatpost
  • forzafkawi
    Free Member

I need a new seatpost (27.2mm) and thought I would buy something of quality like a Thomson. However, I need a post with layback and just don’t like the way that Thomson bend the post rather than offsetting the clamp like everyone else. I know it probably makes for a stronger setup but I think that if I am shelling out around £60 for a post then I should like the looks as well.

I quite liked the look of the FSA SL-K carbon post but that has a 75kg limit and I am 85kg fully kitted. Any other recommendations?

mike_p
    Free Member

Race Face Deus… had one for a while instead of a Thommo and it’s been faultless. Independent slide/tilt adjust makes set up a doddle. Just picked up another from ebay for £20 new!

I had one of those FSA SLKs once, they flex like mad

MRanger156
    Free Member

Truvative or Raceface for me.

rocklobster
    Free Member

I’ve got that thomson one and its super strong, a quality finish and ive not had a problem so far..

GregMay
    Free Member

Raceface or Ritchy here. Loads of cheap RF stuff on CRC at the moment…not that they’ve sent me my order yet….but charged me. It’ll turn up.

relliott6879
    Free Member

Easton EC70 is a nice post.

vorlich
    Free Member

I managed to transtion from layback to Thomson inline without issue. YMMV.

However, make sure your seatclamp is very tight, I stripped some of the ridges off mine when the post slipped 5 mins into it’s first ride! 🙁

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered a Race Face Turbine from CRC for £35.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Me a Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.