Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a sat nav please
  • acjim
    Free Member

I want a sat nav but want to pay as little (<£100) as possible whilst still getting one that works and doesn’t send me into a field/pond/railway crossing.

Anyone got a handy recommendation?

geoffj

TomTom One is very popular. I’m more of a Garmin Nuvi man myself. All much of a muchness tbh.

Poindexter
    Free Member

If you can still get the Tom Tom 520 Go, it’s a belter for the money. Has bluetooth handsfree which is good.

They all suffer slightly from the occasional directional error.

heresjonny
    Free Member

I still always go for a trusty AZ

doc_blues
    Free Member

cant beat a map…

just picked up a Navigo v2 for about £45 from WH Smiths. Whilst the NAV software that comes with it wasnt great (nothing wrong with it, just there is better out there), it seems that it it is reasonably easy to hack it (like most it runs windows ce in the background) to get other software to run on it.

Having done this, I know for a fact it will run:
    TomTom v7 (with 2008 speed camera updates, and 7 dig postcode search)
    IGO8
    and most fun, memorymap

so dephending upon what I am doing I can use tom tom etc for driving, or switch over for OS mapping if outside (still doesnt beat a real map and the ability to navigate though!) Plenty of stuff on t’internet about hacking them

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i had a garmin but it was a bit ‘quirky’, got shot of that and went with tomtom (basic model) and its been fine. should you want them, tomtom has far more ‘add ons’ available to download on the web than any other satnav.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Snooper Strabo.

acjim
    Free Member

Cheers all. I personally like using a map too (and getting lost occasionally and thus finding new places), but my wife is doing some travelling through London on her own with the 2 kids (both under 3) and using a sat nav would lessen any stress massively.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a sat nav please’ is closed to new replies.