Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Sat Nav?
  • KarlE
    Free Member

Afternoon, anyone got any suggestions for a sat nav. Had some money for xmas so looking into getting one. Any thoughts? Cheers

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Any Tom Tom to suit your pocket.

Tom Tom seems to provide the best routes IME.

Navman was worst at providing sensible routes IME followed by Garmin.
    Don’t be fooled into thinking all makes are equal. They’re not.

Jamie
    Free Member

*stock answer*

Have a smart phone? Might be cheaper to get a software based one for that.

If not, any TomTom as mentioned.

I have a Tom Tom Go 550 (or something like that).

It has Bluetooth, so can be used as a hands free for your phone.

Google search is handy – google a business for example, it finds it and gives you the option to ring it, or be directed there.

Live Traffic is ok, but can be hit and miss – it has diverted me round some very big delays, but isn’t always running on real time – it can also divert you onto side roads that are sometimes equally busy.

The odd road map isn’t always up to date (I paid for an update recently and it still doesn’t show some roads that have been around for 5-6 years)

Overall I’d recommend it as a good product though and I don’t think it’s ever got me lost. The layout of the maps are nice too.

leystan
    Free Member

Tom Tom +1

Got a TT One in Tesco mid December for £90. First sat nav i’ve owned and i can’t fault it…and i moan about *everything*!

JoeBones
    Free Member

I replaced my 5 year old Tom Tom One with a Tom Tom Start for £99 great little unit no complaints at all. They also give you a free download of the latest maps from the point of purchase. You need to hook it up to your pc to do this and also some of the features wont work until you do this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Sat Nav?’ is closed to new replies.