Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a route from Buxton pls
  • Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Camping with family in Buxton this weekend and looking for a good route from the town itself (I will get brownie points if I can manage without depriving them of the car).

Done plenty around Edale and Derwent in the past but not familiar with the bits between there and Buxton, or to the West of there On the odd trip to the East of Buxton, its been a mud-fest. Grin factor descents and up to 30 miles prefered 🙂

Cheers

Coleman
    Free Member

I've done a hilly 15 mile circuler route starting from Buxton.

Buxton, Roman Road, White Hall, Ladder Hill, Taxal,Hoo Moor, Fernilee Res., Errwood Res., Goyt's Clough, Derbyshire Bridge, Macclesfield Road back to Buxton.

Takes about 2-2.5hrs with about 6 miles on roads.

You could always link this with a ride around Three Shires Head and Macclesfield Forest – join the rides at The Cat and Fiddle on the A537

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers Coleman, I'll get the map out and check that out.
    Any more?

Coleman
    Free Member

Just thought of one starting at Topley Pike on the A6 a couple of miles east of Buxton.

Topley Pike, Wye Dale, King Sterndale, Horseshoe Dale, Priests Way, Chelmorton, Monksdale Fm., Limestone Way, Millers Dale, Limestone Way, Wormhill, Tunstead, Mosley Fm., Wye Dale, Chee Dale back to Topley Pike.

15m with 3.5m on road – takes about 2.5hrs.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers Coleman,

Yes I remember doing some reasonable bits around tegs nose and cat&fiddle. Will probably link up to that as you suggest.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a route from Buxton pls’ is closed to new replies.