Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a road pump/saddle pack combi please.
  • tang
    Free Member

Smallish pack(2xtubes/tool/pump) and a decent pump that fits. What works for you?

annebr
    Free Member

Get a decent pump that attaches to the frame and then just get a small seat pack. I generally go for Topeak bags.

zilog6128

The above is what I do. Haven’t found a decent, usable pump that is small enough to fit in a saddle pack! Not saying such a thing doesn’t exist of course. Topeak bags are great although if you have a Fizik saddle their bags are pretty cheap and will clip straight into the saddle.

grantyboy
    Free Member

why not take a cannister of CO2, it’s what I do to save space

jamiea
    Free Member
    jamiea
    Free Member

Get a decent pump that attaches to the frame and then just get a small seat pack

The saddlebag is bad enough on the bike, a pump is just a step too far 😀

Cheers
    Jamie

fubar
    Free Member

this one…Top Peak Race Rocket fits in my large seat pack (can’t remember which) and also fits in a tall tool bottle like this

joemarshall
    Free Member

The only problem with a frame fit pump is that any time anyone you’re with has a puncture, they want to use it, because it is so much more efficient than their aesthetically more pleasing ridiculous micro pump.

Then you can use a tiny seat bag rather than some massive beast of a thing, no worries about it swinging about or anything.

bellefied
    Free Member

another for the topeak aero wedge – great bag, with lots of room

SD-253
    Free Member

Odd one this many years ago I bought a pump for a front suspension and it fits car type valve. There is no resistance when pumping up the tyres. Can get it to any pressure I want. Not a lot heavier than a standard one!

WTF
    Free Member

Lezyne micro caddy. Enough room for tube etc. and fits neatly under saddle with Velcro straps on rails.
    Lezyne alloy drive pump as it has the flexi adaptor old school style to avoid snapping valve.

HTH

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Topeak aeropack-
    1 x tube
    2 x tyre levers
    1 x lezyne puncture patch kit
    1 x blackburn air stick
    1 x topeak alien
    1 x tin containing –
    pair of replacement disc pads, powerlink, brake cable, couple of bolts
    and a cafe lock.

peteimpreza

Small on the road bike, medium on the CX

Attached to the frame

One in each bag

The small will hold two tubes, the multitool, tyre levers and a chain link.

The medium all of the above plus a cafe lock.

tonyd

I’ve got one of those Topeak mini pumps that fubar linked and a BBB tool bottle on the road bike. Bought a frame pump for my last road bike, so much better than a mini, unfortunately it doesn’t fit my current frame.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a road pump/saddle pack combi please.’ is closed to new replies.