Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a road-bike saddle please?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Hi all,

My current ‘nice’ road bike is a Boardman Road Team, one of the carbon jobs. I’ve never quite got on with the saddle (Fizik Arione, about £100 or so at retail?). I find its painful on my perineal area with its long, lightly-padded nose.

Anything good out there for less than £50?

Yak

I’m on the planet x superlight team saddle. Reasonable amount of padding on the nose. Comfy enough for me. Only £20 with ti rails too.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Charge knife can be had for around that or the scoop can be had for well under budget. The scoop is on my winter roadie and is proper comfy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oddly enough, I’ve just put an Arione on my daily commuter. So far, I rather like it!

Spesh saddles are well worth a look, with the width thingy. Possibly over budget, though.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Was gonna say Fizik Arione, but as you don’t like them. What’s your issue with them? Use that to decide what shape you’d like

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A specialized toupe should ease your pain.

Spud

Prologo Scratch on my three bikes, lovely, did LEJOG on it last year. Tried PX and several Fizik before settling on it.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Its maybe just me, but I seem to really feel the pressure right behind my b*llsack and along the perineum. Its like its taking none of the weight at all on my sit-bones.

I’ll have a play with position, it doesn’t sound quite right.

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t get on with any saddle that has a rounded profile for the reasons you state. much prefer those that are split, have a channel/ love groove or ‘relief zone’ as they call it on the VSX version of the Arione (but that just looks like a compromise).

codybrennan
    Free Member

The grooved ones (a al Spesh BG) seem to do quite well.

I think I’m actually going to fit a slightly shorter stem and move the saddle a touch forward, as now I read the above, I’m clearly right on the nut when I’m in the drops. I’ll report back, but dont stop the recommendations!

(Mind I’ve only got a budget of about £50…)

brakes
    Free Member

I use Selle San Marco SKNs but they don’t make them any more.
    They were £50 and have virtually no padding but are ‘just right’ for my sit bones.

iainc

Recently moved to a Spesh Romin Evo on road bike and find it very good. All depends what fits you though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a road-bike saddle please?’ is closed to new replies.