Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a road bike
  • thorpey0
    Free Member

Really happy with the Ribble Pro Evo Carbon I built up last year but quite a bit needs replacing (I took the 105 and other bits from the previous Ali bike I had) and I am thinking of going for something new and demoting it to the winter bike.

I’d be more than happy with 105 again or maybe Ultegra. Price is £1500 tops but around £1000 would be even better. Happy to go for something in the sale from 2015 or 16.

Cube bikes seem to get good reviews and i have seen a couple at a good price but open to anything, in fact something not from the big companies would be nice. Average 30-50 miles a ride at 27km/h so nothing special, I just enjoy riding to keep fit for MTB’ing. I have a shot knee so lightweight and with a dinner plate out back for climbing rather rather than the 11-25 I currently have would be nice 😉

Cheers

onandon
    Free Member

Just buy a new group set if you’re happy with the frame.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

plus one, just replace the cling on bits, go compact 50 – 30 upfront and 11 – 28 or even 32 if your really in pain at rear. Why replace the bike when you really only need to change the gearing?

You’ll save a wad of money if your happy with the frame. 105 is fine Id challenge all but the pickiest to see a real difference between this and Ultegra. Your only riding 50 miles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simondbarnes

Doing the above doesn’t get the OP a winter bike though!

palmer77
    Free Member

I got a Wilier GTR Ultegra for £1,500 (RRP £1850ish) from Cyclelane in Glasgow – https://www.cyclelane.co.uk/

Best bike I’ve ever had…

EDIT – Oh and I had a Cube Peloton before, which was good, but nothing in comparesson to the Wilier

thorpey0
    Free Member

Thanks Simon.

N+1 surely?????

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will the WRibble take full guards? If not, it’s not a winter bike. Upgrade it, and but something with guards for the winter.

If it does, good. You can buy a bike with discs! 😀

If being more sensible on the budget, though, the Focus range for 2016 was excellent if you can find one discounted. If you can find a DSW Allez in the sale, that’s well worth a look. One hell of a frame.

Good frame with 105 is better than an average frame with Ultegra.

trebord
    Free Member

if you’re a 56ish.. check out my giant tcr in my history. awesome, awesome condition.. RRP 3250 in 2010, now will take 725 collected!

mboy
    Free Member

How tall are you/what size do you need…?

There’s some 2016 bargains still left out there if you look hard enough, can save a fortune on the right deal right now!

thorpey0
    Free Member

On a 56cm Ribble frame but more like a 58. I am 6’1. Long legs.

Find me a proper bargain. Agree Flash. Better frame and 105 would be fine!

Thanks

velocipede
    Free Member

Pauls Cycles have nice deals on the carbon Cube Attain with discs – I’d be looking there…..

Unless a cross bike with discs and road tyres would be of interest – I have a nice Boardman Elite CXR9.0 in the Classifieds – lovely virtually brand new bike but I’m in need of cash! 😀

mcnultycop

I got the Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc from Paul’s. I love it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a road bike’ is closed to new replies.