Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a ring ring bell but the size of ping ping bell for oversize bars?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Looking for an old fashioned ring ring bell but not the huge old fashioned one.

Can’t find one anywhere or one that will fit on the large part of the bars adjacent to the stem.

Wanted this one but it fits bars up to 28mm.

Those ping bells are little quiet to be honest.

simon_g

Spurcycle if you don’t mind the price, else there are many clones (RockBros, etc) otherwise. Comes with long and short straps and the longer is fine right next to the stem.

amedias
    Free Member

^ Spurcycle (and copies) are still Pingers not Ringers, but they are MUCH louder than normal Pingers, and easy to double ping for a cheery greeting/warning, it’s what I use now, the RockBros ones are about a fiver and decent enough.

matts
    Free Member

I wonder how the clamp mounts to that Cateye one. A lot of them simply screw through with an m4. You might be able to swap for a bigger clamp.

aP
    Free Member

The hopefully soon to be delivered Knog bell?
    As long as its pf significantly better quality than anything else I’ve owned made by Knog.

NormalMan

In true STW tradition let me suggest something different to what you’ve asked for.

I’ve pre ordered a trigger bell:

Bike Bell – Trigger Bell – A Safer Bicycle Bell

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions!

The clamp on the Cateye is actually part of the base (I think).
    I’ve got one of those silver bells and they’re huge.
    The Knog Oi bell looks good but £15.
    The Spurcycle Bell looks good too.

cookeaa

I got busy with the dremel and some zip ties to fit a pinger to my drop bars next to the LH brake lever, could you chop the clamp on the cateye and then ziptie it in position?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

In the end I bought this tenporarily:

The hammer can twist but otherwise works great and fits almost anywhere on my bars.

£3ish from Ribble. Will look at thatvexpendive bell when I’m in Washington.

midlifecrashes

Another not what you asked for, but do you have lots of stem spacers? I have one mounted on a stem spacer, 10mm I think, probably the same as this:

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/system-ex-a-headset-spacer-bell-silver-5361-p.asp?v=0&variantid=6518&gclid=CKvo3OG0uc0CFUa4GwodrwsN1w

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Handy idea that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a ring ring bell but the size of ping ping bell for oversize bars?’ is closed to new replies.