Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a ride near Pudsey, Leeds?
  • bullit
    Free Member

Going to the inlaws in Pudsey, Yorkshire for Xmas and fancy taking the bike if chance of a few hours escape. Anyone recommend a decent XC route in the Pudsey / Leeds/Bradford area that woudl suffice for a half day and keep me sane? cheers

meehaja
    Free Member

yup. Post hill woods, up the side of the golf course into fulneck settlement, down into ?black carr woods (i think its called that) and then generally back that way.

Or,

Calverly woods, park up on Clara drive at the bottom of the hill in Calverly and play around in the woods!

willjones
    Free Member

howdy. If you don’t want to drive anywhere, there are a fair few woods/singletracky bits you can stitch together using the leeds/liverpool canal path or some cheeky paths along the side of the aire. Something like Round Wood (Eccleshill/Calverly), over the road to West Wood (Calverley), down to the canal/Aire, turn right then Bramley Falls park (on the right), onto the road at Kirkstall and 3-4 miles on the road to the Meanwood trail. With some detours to sniff out the good bits that would easily fill half a day.

ben
    Free Member

Would agree with Will.

When would you be planning to ride, as ideally you’d be best with a local to show you the best bits (it’s mainly all cheeky). I’m back on the 27th if you wanted a guide.. 🙂

bullit
    Free Member

thanks for the info folks – maps now printed!
    Sounds like its defi worth taking the bike for a play in the woods. Im heading back up to Scotland on 27th so very much appreciate the offer Ben, but will be out and exploring on the 26th. Cheers all

Hopscotch
    Free Member

Theres Calverley Woods, Fulneck Settlement, Theres also a few sections near Woodhouse Grammer School, if you cross over the road at Woodhouse Grammer and go up past Stansfields Arms, on the left you’ll see a cycle way/walk way, thers some nice routes around there. If all else fails you could ride to Liverpool on the Leeds and Liverpool canal. From Pudsey you could cycle to Skipton/Keighley and on the way drop down into Calverley Woods and or Thackley Woods. Enjoy!

poisonspider
    Free Member

Bullit – check this link out

Quick loop

It’s only short at 9mile but it’s half decent if time is at a premium.

I’m in Farnley (just down the road) on the 26th visiting the folks but I don’t think it would go down too well suggesting I go for a ride :o(

duffle
    Free Member

Another vote for Calverley and Esholt woods. I spend nearly every Sunday morning round dem der parts. Theres plenty of little tracks but over the river/canal in to Thackley there is a Jump park thingy and quick jump back over’t water there be access up on to Bingley moor/Shipley Glenn by’eck :D.
    There is a reasonable loop that can be done through Fulneck/Blackcarr woods/Tong and to Post Hill (involving 3-4 OK pub stops!!) but I’m not available on 26th or else I’d would enjoyed showing you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a ride near Pudsey, Leeds?’ is closed to new replies.