Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • recommend me a resin floor or similar
  • spchantler
    Free Member

evening all, has to be food safe, alkali and acid safe, and able to stand pressure washing. at the moment we’ve got asphalt with some sort of thick plastic type paint on it which is fine, only the asphalt is coming up. i’d like to remove sections of the whole floor to a depth of 200mm and re-lay concrete, covering with some sort of resin or similar. if it helps its for a brewery, and we’d like to do it ourselves if poss. ta

samuri
    Free Member

tile it.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i kinda want to do one of these penny floors. they are sealed with clear coat resin so should meet the requirements

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sika do some great add in products. You basically lay the concrete as normal as it’s going off push a barrow type/feeder contraption that spikes the floor and lays in the powder. This is then power floated in.
    Or there are several spray on products used just after power floating.
    The powder is great and creates coloured floors which are **** hard once sealed!
    Sika

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Sika also do epoxy and polyurethane floors.
    I was going to recommend them too, but beaten to it.

jonba
    Free Member

I once worked in a factory where the floors were done in ucrete. Looked good. Was a fruit juice place so meets your requirements.

I now work for AkzoNobel the worlds biggest coating company (all comments my own not official company statements 😉 )

If you go through their site then you’ll find plenty of options.

But as above epoxy and polyurethanes are your best bets. They can be relatively easy to apply yourself with a roller (I once did the lab floor in a polyurethane). Read the tech info though as you might not be able to apply to fresh green concrete or there may be some prep required.

Also consider the health and safety implications if you are doing this at work. Some of these paints are hazardous materials, not like emulsions that go on the wall.

If you struggle to find info I can do some digging when I’m back at work and come up with specific products or maybe even a product guide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a resin floor or similar’ is closed to new replies.